Abbey Villa
US$146
US$122
US$97
Very Good 4/5
No availability for your dates from our partners
Great 4.5/5
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 July 2008

We arrived late to Adare and were fortunate to find two rooms available at the Abbey Villa. Family room was taken but the owner gave us a deal on two rooms across the hall from each other. This really is a lovely B&B, well-decorated, bright and very clean. The location is ideal, only a minutes walk from the main town road with all the shops, restaurants and parks. Owner was polite and accomodating, breakfast was generous and delicious and the owner was again very hospitable the next day. Would highly recommend the Abbey Villa.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank irishgerl
Reviewed 4 April 2008

We had driven all day, we're exhausted, and entered Adare, Ireland. Hotel was too pricey, but they sent us to the Abbey Villa B&B down the road. Hostess was wonderful, rooms were perfect and breakfast delicious. Thank you for rescueing us!

1  Thank Mag121
Reviewed 29 October 2007

Booked 2 nights at the beginning of our trip. On arrival discovered Frommer's adjective, "scenic," was totally wrong. Our front room overlooked a gravel parking lot next door to a petrol/convenience store. It was a noisy location, as was the Jordan's young son who was banging a toy on the reception desk after we arrived. Exhausted after a long drive we went to dinner to discuss our situation. After dinner we told Mrs. Jordan we wanted to cancel the 2nd night. She was very upset. Later my husband went out to call what he thought was the B&B Family Network & instead got Mrs. Jordan. He was not critical but just said our plans had changed. She said there would be no problem. We'd given our credit card, including the security code to make the reservation & thought the charge would be put through by Abbey Villa. When preparing to leave, her husband (dour, thin lipped, red faced) approached the car & rudely said "I'd like to be paid." My husband went w/ him to take care of this and after 4 attempts were made...ea. time printing a tape that indicated, "phone line busy or not connected," he paid in cash. When we returned home on the 22nd we found that the B&B Family Network charged us the same amt. so we thought the Jordans must have put through a charge for the canceled night. When we tried to clear this up Mr. Jordan via e-mail was verbally abusive, accusing us of having our credit cards rejected. He threatened posting worldwide on the net what horrible & rude people we were. (I had never interacted w/ him.) He has an extremely short fuse & is exceptionally ill-mannered. We will never take another trip without reviewing TripAdvisor. When I read the review by the fella from Dublin, that would have made me cancel immediately. We operated a B&B for 5 yrs. & never misrepresented our lodging nor treated anyone rudely, even when we thought they may have been wrong. Mr. Jordan needs to take an anger management course. Fortunately, the remainder of our two-week trip was filled with lovely, warm Irish folks who were welcoming & lovely so we're not left with a bad taste of Ireland.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled as a couple
3  Thank reginamarie17
Reviewed 28 January 2007

I booked in for 2 days. My travel plans changed and I had to leave after the first night. I had to endure the owner calling me a "blaggard" for this. I paid for both nights to stop the aggression. Some people should not be in the hospitality industry. As an Irishman I pray that none of our overseas visitors get an impression of Ireland from an establishment like this. Not Recommended!!!!!

• Stayed: January 2007, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
6  Thank amxzcv
A TripAdvisor Member
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 12 April 2006

I stayed in Abbeyvilla for 4 nights in january of this year and found it to be a really nice place to stay. The host and her family were all really nice to us and told us alot about the area and suggested places to go and things like that. The food was lovely. All in all i could not fault it. A pleasure. I plan to stay with them again in the summer.

• Stayed: January 2006