“Fantastic meal in dunraven arms”
Review of Dunraven Arms

Dunraven Arms
Ranked #13 of 21 Restaurants in Adare
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Reservations
Description: across from the Adare Manor Hotel and Resort
Reviewed 8 February 2014

Very special meal with friends in Dunraven arms hotel in Adare co Limerick last night. Great variety of food and the setting is as good as ever. Consistent quality in 6, count them, 6 courses. I love that place.

Reviewed 8 December 2013 via mobile

We came to the Dunraven Arms for our Christmas dinner and were bowled over by the quality of both the food and the service.

I was treated to a starter of fresh, flavoursome smoked salmon, with a wasabi purée (I don't even normally like wasabi!) and shaved radish. It was a tasty and light start to an excellent meal.

To follow, I opted for some rare roasted beef which was cooked to perfection - soft, melt-in-the-mouth meat which was actually cooked as per my request.

To finish, I had a lemon posset which was light and sharp, without being too tart. For someone who doesn't like their heavy drawers, it was ideal.

The atmosphere was brilliant, and the service at both the bar and in the restaurant was exemplary. If I lived closer, I would be back again very soon!

Reviewed 19 November 2013

Having spent a wonderful weekend in the Dunraven Arms hotel feel that the restaurant rating it receives is not accurate. In my book this fits into the category of how best serve top Irish produce in a traditional Irish enviornment.
We ate dinner twice and breakfast three times. First meal was at a large function and both the beef and the hake were excellent. This hotel restaurant is famous for it's top quality irish beef - "served as you like it". Second night we had lamb...this was seved off the bone like a fillet steak and was pink and most flavoursome.
The wine list while not vast offers a good selection of medium and top quality wines at normal restaurant prices.
Despite some comments I read...I consider the breakfast to still be one of the best in the country - served as was the evening meals by most helpful and friendly staff .

Reviewed 2 July 2013

Stopping here for lunch on a Friday afternoon brought me back to the days where Irish businesses thought it alright to overcharge a customer at every possible chance - please note - I am Irish. After looking at a rather limited and bleak Lunch menu - myself and my husband decided to have sandwhices and a cople of drinks. Yes this is a hotel which hasn't changed in years and the decor, generally is pleasing, but sitting in a boring souless bar with a "too bright" conservatory is where the average person would have lunch. We ordered two -ham and cheese sandwiches and the only historic opinion of the hotel was that these were like a sandwhich one would have in a "spit and sawdust" pub circa 1975. Two slices of catering pan white bread, a slice of tasteless cheese and a watery, fatty slice of packet ham. The menu said "baked ham" and no doubt, though I cant be certain was juiced up with the terms, "handcut", "freshly made" etc.. The only thing fresh was the price for two really shabby sandwiches and two drinks was over €20. I really think both the Irish and visitors need to vote with their feet and NOT put up with this, what is at best, lazy and uncreative, at worst, a form of sharp practice and very much a case of making fools of people who visit this lovely village. Please take my advice and do not eat here. Times have changed, I would like to remind the cathering manager of this hotel. People expect a little more bang for thier hard earned buck - go to a good pub and find out how to provide decent, well priced lunch food for you customers and stop ripping them off.

5  Thank DublinJ
Reviewed 15 April 2013

Coming from Dublin, North of Galway and the Cliffs of Moher our confidence that Ireland must be one of the best gastronomic experiences was shattered. I am sure that the golfers were more than satisfied, but for an ordinary citizen with a limited budget in a country that I love, the hake on chick peas and overdone ribeye slices served with red cabbage and dry potatoes were just a bit too much at prices north of Dublin top restaurants.

Oh yes, we skipped dessert, walked across the road and had lovely tiramisu, sticky toffee pudding and complimentary coffee! AND: go and check the wonderful menu.

2  Thank 19LindaBam64