“Relaxing!!”

The Carriage House Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 21 Restaurants in Adare
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Restaurant and Pub are inside the Club House. Fairly large restaurant, much cozier and quieter in the pub
Reviewed 8 February 2014

Relaxing is the operative word. We dined in the bar; the décor has become very staid now and needs a lift; the tables either need covering or to be replaced. We were well received and made our orders; it was literally an hour wait for our steaks which were generous; cooked to order yet the whole thing was very bland; the pepper sauce was tasteless and economically in quantity; the oninons and mushrooms were also bland and tasteless. As I said to my cousin we are lucky that we can chat it would have been a long wait!!! There was no apology or any comment over the time wait on the part of staff. I think I will reserve my custom there to tea and coffees when we are out for our walks!

2  Thank Frank2510
There are newer reviews for The Carriage House Restaurant

Reviewed 19 January 2014

We had Breakfast here 4 times while we were staying in the Villa's.
The food was very good and the service was great. Good choice for Breakfast, it also has a patio over looking the Golf Course.

2  Thank grammyq
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Myself and my twin bro popped in here after being hot air ballooning in Adare Manor. Thought it would mark the occasion pretty well but was left a little underwhelmed. I expected to pay more but €32.95 for a mediocre lunch isn't on. I was also annoyed about the amount of toddlers rambling around disturbing my experience. The staff were attentive, polite and helpful.The restaurant was full and we didn't have a booking so we were delighted to get a lovely table by the window. Just expected a little wow factor for the food. Was I asking too much?

1  Thank Gwen O
Reviewed 22 November 2013

Don’t dine here. It’s absolutely terrible.

Here’s what happened to us.

We were staying in Adare Manor in the main house and having a wonderful time. The staff were all absolutely fantastic, and everything about the stay there was amazing. But we made the fateful mistake of choosing to dine in the Clubhouse on our first night.

On entering, the restaurant was half-empty (or half-full depending on your outlook on life!) A lady in her late twenties or early thirties with long wavy hair asked for our names in a slightly brusque manner and then walked off. We stood at the entrance, awaiting instructions. She came back and said follow me. She took us to a nice table and asked could she do anything for us? I said we’d like some drinks and she said, “Oh, someone else will do that” and walked off. So then, what the heck exactly was she asking us? She couldn’t even take a simple drinks order and then flounced off. Her attitude was bad and I watched her for the rest of the evening wandering around the place doing a whole lot of nothing at all.

Anyway…no-one came to take our drinks order. We were left sitting there for 30 minutes before anybody came near us. Absolutely appalling service. We gave our drinks and our food order at the same time. A diet coke and pint of Guinness then too 25 minutes to appear and the food took about 40 minutes. That’s well over an hour from when we sat down in this place.

I told our waitress (well, I think she was our waitress, we didn’t see that much of her to be sure) that we weren’t happy and that we wanted to see a manager. She told us that there was no manager on that night but she’d send someone senior over. Would it to surprise you to know that nobody came over during the entire time we were there?

When the food did eventually arrive (just about one minute before we would have left) it was bland and luke-warm and we left most of both of the meals.

The service here was entirely terrible. The place was half-empty and yet the staff would have you think they were run off their feet. Nobody came near us for drinks and nobody came near us after the meal was served. Nobody offered us anything and nobody was interested us in any way.

It was the worst service I’ve had in years and the food was lousy. And it’s a crying shame because the staff in the manor are absolutely superb and the food in the manor, be it breakfast, lunch or dinner is fantastic. But the Clubhouse not only let’s itself down, it let’s down the entire resort of Adare Manor and it let’s down the staff in the Manor building.

If you stay at Adare Manor, do yourself a favour and stay well clear of the Clubhouse.

Read my other 2 reviews for Adare Manor and the Oakroom Restaurant.

8  Thank cartagia
Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

Everything about our dining experience was just ok...... Staff seemed disinterested, our table was shaky and the food was bland. The prices were in my opinion 10% too much for the quality of the food served.
I would like to return again as hopefully it was having an off day!

Decor is magnificent!