“Abandonned Friary on beautiful golf course”

Adare Manor Golf Club
Ranked #6 of 15 things to do in Adare
Houston, Texas
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Abandonned Friary on beautiful golf course”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

My partner and I camr to see this 15th century friairy and found out that it was in the middle of the golf cliu. No problem -the starter told us how to get there and warned us to stay away from flying gold balls. It is one of the most spectacular things we have seeen in 2 weeks of touring Ireland. The course is gorgous, and the friaryr is great with spring flowers growing amomg the buildings. Dom"t miss this even if you have no interest in golf.
We had rea and scones on the patio aside the 18th tee. They were the half the price of any we've had in Ireland.

Visited May 2014

San Antonio, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Came on a Groupon for Honeymoon!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

This place was INCREDIBLE! We stayed in the back houses during off season back in January. The staff was nothing but wonderfully helpful and kind! The house was clean, HUGE (it was just my husband and myself), and very very comfortable! My husband and I are introverts so it was nice after a long day of sight-seeing to come home to a house that welcoming and warm! This place is absolutely beautiful! Trust me the landscape does all the work for the amateur photographer! "Disgustingly photogenic" as my husband called it! Everything is so lush and gorgeous! We don't play golf but the grounds looked amazing! We will definitely be back, all the way from Texas!

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Kristin L
Fredericton, New Brunswick
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“A Great Work out for the "Sticks"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

A spectacular course for a chance to play an "old world" course! Beautifully mature woods, scenic water play and the ability to see historic views of Castles and Ruins. The course is a great combination of a beautiful and forgiving front nine, combined with a very playable and yet challenging back nine, over water, around water, and beside water! Buy that extra sleeve of balls, you will need them!

Visited May 2014
saint louis mo.
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“A golfer's Paradise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

Excellent!!! Beautiful course! Excellent food and many famous golfer's have played this course!!
A must see!!
Great food and drink!

Visited October 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Unbelievable attention to every detail”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

From the moment I drove up to the gate, thru our check-in; evening wine; to in-room dining the service and welcome have been truly outstanding (and I'm in this business). This has truly been an experience not to be forgotten. Each staff member was gracious and went out of their way to make not only me, but the other guests around me feel extremely special and privileged. Thank you to the team!

Visited March 2014