“Wonderful hosts!!!”

Adare Country House
Ranked #1 of 19 Adare B&B and Inns
Reviewed 28 January 2014

Great place, great hosts!! My friend & I were there, unfortunately only one night, & were treated like family. Denis & Eileen were so welcoming & Denis even took time out to help me figure out problems with my gps. My friend & I came in late that night & they were still up & visited with us. Very light & carefree people. We will definitely stay there again!! Thank you both!!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank kellyrachael

Reviewed 25 January 2014

Stayed at Adare Country House this past October with my two daughters in a triple room with three beds. The room was large and gave us plenty of room to spread out. The location of the house is perfect, just off the main street going through Adare. Denis and Eileen go way above and beyond as hosts. Denis helped me call the Irish toll system since I did not pay my M50 toll leaving Dublin within 24 hours. Thank you Denis!!! Denis also gave us advice on where to buy petrol (gas) at the best price. One of the nicest B&B's in Ireland.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 January 2014

We stayed over New Year 2013/14 to attend a friends wedding. Three friends sharing a family room, which was big enough to accommodate 3 girls fighting over mirror space. Denis and Eileen are welcoming generous hosts, who made our experience more enjoyable. I would definitely stay again and would recommend anyone else to do so too.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Karen F
Reviewed 3 January 2014

Denis and Eileen were most accommodating considering we arrived late in the evening. Their home is warm, welcoming and clean. They made absolute sure you felt like a guest in their home with options for breakfast, reading rooms, patio, etc. Though we only stayed one night in the lovely town of Adare - Denis and Eileen made it worthwhile.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 January 2014

I knew Adare Country House was going to be a special place, when I first began planning our honeymoon last spring. From the start, Eileen made us feel like very special guests. She and Denis have such a warm, lovely place to call home when you visit Adare. We stayed in the four poster room, and felt like we had the place to ourselves! The room was spotless, roomy enough for all of our luggage, and had all the amenities of home. We felt comfortable to come and go as we pleased, and with the super convenient location of the House, you can immerse yourselves in everything Adare has to offer. It is within walking distance of everything, yet in a quiet area of town, where you don't have to deal with some of the busy road noise. Our breakfasts were delicious, hot and a perfect way to start the day. We were sorry we only had two days to spend at this lovely inn, but when we left, Eileen was kind enough to write out directions to our next destination, as well as some interesting sights to see along the way. We will definitely stay at this lovely house if we find ourselves in Adare again!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 December 2013

I first visited here in September 2007 and really enjoyed the stay. The Country House is within walking distance of the town of Adare, with great choices of pubs, restaurants, shops, churches, historical landmarks, and even has a Centra for groceries and other items. We came once more in August 2012, and yet again, it was wonderful! My daughter fell in love with Bentley, the Moroney's "granddog." The breakfasts were delicious, the coffee was great, and the beds were beyond comfortable. The rooms were clean, tidy, and well kept. Denis and Eileen were so very helpful in choosing our excursions for the day, and they did not disappoint with their suggestions of amazing places to visit. We do plan to come again very soon, and as you may have guessed, this is where we will stay......again! Thanks Denis and Eileen for having a home away from home across the pond! Sincerely, Ellen, Tori, and Noel Kirkpatrick, and Nancy Frohlich.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 December 2013

I was recently driving around the South-west and West parts of Ireland, with no particular route in mind so I ended up in Adare by chance. I also found the Adare Country House by chance when I got caught in the nightly traffic jam on the main street and turned off to get away from it (nerve-wracking to be driving a manual car on the other side of the road!). Although it is just off-season, I was welcomed very grandly by Denis and Eileen and immediately shown a lovely single room. The room was simple but elegant, and the house very pleasant. I only stayed one night so I did not explore it fully, but I loved the feeling of home. The breakfast was also wonderful, good fresh coffee and a choice of breakfasts. I had scrambled egg and smoked salmon. Yum.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank AmandafromVancouver
Also consider these accommodations in or near Adare
Fitzgerald's Woodlands House Hotel
Berkeley Lodge
Berkeley Lodge
#4 of 19 in Adare
Carrigane House Bed and Breakfast

Been to Adare Country House? Share your experiences!