“Such a warm place to stay”
Review of Coatesland House

and 1 more site!
Coatesland House
Ranked #2 of 19 Adare B&B and Inns
Reviewed 5 January 2014

We had such a great time staying at Coatesland. Meeting Florence and Donal was great. We only stayed one night but Florence spent the next day at breakfast telling us all about going to Dallas, Texas, where I live. Her stories were so great. I was so happy to meet her. She has such a warm and loving spirit. Breakfast was a feast. It was only us two but they put out everything as if it was a full house. I had the porridge and it was yummy! The room and grounds were very nice as well. No one else was there that night so we got our choice of rooms. We chose the family room and had so much space. It had two bathrooms ensuite. It was great. I hope to come back one day. I truly felt so welcome here.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank April S

Reviewed 17 November 2013

Just have to say that staying in Coatesland B and B was a really lovely experience. We were at a family wedding in Adare Co. Limerick and found this wonderful place , just through the beautiful village of Adare . The lady of the house was such a warm and kind person, and could'nt do enough for myself and my family. The rooms were spotless and very well equipped . The breakfast was excellant and cooked beautifully by the landlady who takes great pride in getting everything perfect. I could not say enough about this lovely and great value B and B One to revisit again and again . Thank you Florance and Donal and Cathy .
From Eddie and Joan Gallen Dublin.

Room Tip: any room was good and very comfortable
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 November 2013

Between Galway and Killarney, our itinerary gave us the opportunity to spend a night in in the sweet village of Adare at the exquisite Coatesland House Bed &Breakfast. Our hosts were Florence and Donal Hogan true ambassadors of Irish hospitality . Anyone who travels through Ireland and wishes to visit this beautiful town should experience the warmth, beauty, and meticulous care of the Coatesland House – we wouldn’t even consider Adare Manor. Why? Because the Coatesland House is authentic Irish hospitality.

The Hogans open up their genuine Irish home, impeccably clean, exquisitely furnished with an attention to detail that you have to experience to believe. No one can achieve this level of perfection by happenstance; Florence is fully capable of articulating her mission of the comfort and care she preserves and her guests experience the almost lost heritage of an authentic Bed and Breakfasts in an Irish home. At every turn the guests is aware that Florence has anticipated their every need and desire, from the beautiful arranged and lush, comfortable beds, to the fresh fruit bowl on the table in every bedroom, to the large, beautiful yet comfortable living area, and the sun-lit breakfast room where a banquet awaits every guest.

The location is a short walk from town. Florence offered to pick us up and drop us off at the Heritage Center, but even in the light rain, we were able to get around on our own as we travel light. Actually we had taken one of Barratt Tours from Ennis ( Cliffs of Moher & The Burren Day Tour) and asked to be dropped off in Adare. The bus driver lives in Adare, and he volunteered to drive us right to the front door of Coatesland House. This was so thoughtful.

We were lucky to have met Donal too. At the end of our 20 day trip, we had fun remembering our very favorite people we had met along the way and Donal quickly came to mind for both of us. The Hogans are true ambassadors of Irish hospitality as was Kathy who served us at breakfast.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank moonriverguy
Reviewed 28 October 2013

this was the best B&B we stayed in in Ireland. the town is picturesque but this B&B made it just a beautiful stay. Room was gorgeous with everything you could need or want. But what mad this cottage so special were the hosts, Florence & Donal. So courteous, so warm & caring & good conversation! Florence even went out of her way to make us a delicious early morning breakfast as we had an early tour. Best oatmeal I ever had! Florence, if you are reading this please remember, you & Donal are in my prayers. We Irish are strong women! Hope to get back soon!

Room Tip: all rooms are charming!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank megtaylor10
Reviewed 15 October 2013

My husband and I stayed here on the night of Saturday Oct. 12th 2013 as we had a wedding in the Dunraven Arms that day. Florence and Donal couldn't have been better hosts, we received a lovely warm welcome on arrival. When we went into the room I just couldn't believe the attention to detail, a sewing kit, shoe shine kit, first aid box, try of yummy sweets, bowl of fruit, outside the door, a display with leaflets for attractions in the area and a water filter, they absolutely thought of everything. I couldn't praise this B&B enough and the breakfast was absolutely amazing, so fresh and very well presented and delicious, I really don't think we could have gotten better in any 5 star hotel. They both run this B&B to a very high standard and it was a pleasure to have stayed there. Thanks again for a really lovely stay. Fiona & Mick

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Fiona734
Reviewed 14 October 2013

We spent an all too brief 2 nights at Coatesland House, the home of Florence and Donal and Winnie the dog. If you want to experience authentic Irish hospitality then this is the place to stay. Florence is a mine of information and she makes a fine breakfast. The accommodation was comfortable with lots of little touches that really sets the place apart from many of the B&B's I've ever stayed in. The breakfast is grander than any I've experienced at 5* star hotels, just a pity I didn't have time to stay and try the homemade porridge. Next time I'm passing through the beautiful village of Adare I'll make sure to spend at least one more night at Coatesland House.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank TribalTripper
Reviewed 11 October 2013

Florence greeted us at the door and we immediately felt at home. Both Florence and Donal are wonderful hosts. They gave us some great tips on things to do in the area.The breakfast was delicious...we didn't leave for the day hungry! The living room was inviting with a fire in the fireplace and a large TV to watch. Adare is a lovely little town with Adare manor and many old towers and churches. Very nice visitors center too. I highly recommend the Coatesland House when in the area.

Room Tip: The rooms facing the back would be quieter than the street facing rooms.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bluebirds77
Also consider these accommodations in or near Adare
Fitzgerald's Woodlands House Hotel
#6 of 19 in Adare
Berkeley Lodge
Berkeley Lodge
#3 of 19 in Adare

Been to Coatesland House? Share your experiences!