We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Castlecomer
Wandesforde House B&B
Ranked #2 of 2 Castlecomer B&B and Inns
Reviewed 7 June 2013

Enjoyed every minute of the stay at this B&B. Anna and Michael went out of thier way to make my family feel welcomed. Anna provided us tea upon arrival and Michael let my daughter go out back and play with the hens, ducks, and guineas. They even recommended a hotel and helped us a book a room next to the airport so we could turn in our rental car the night before our flight. Thanks to Michael for recommending the Japanese Gardens and Horse Farm in Kildare. I had not planned to see either and they were both great. My daughter thoroughly enjoyed the horses. The accomodations are first rate and the breakfast was extraordinary. We just left the country on the 5th of June and I wanted to get to this site and express my gratitude to Anna and Michael. I highly recommend you stay here if in the area.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank ogh99

Reviewed 7 May 2013

Can't praise the B&B highly enough, thanks to Anne for the lovely welcome, and for getting up at dawn to provide us with a breakfast that would challenge the best of men to put away, such were the vast quantities of food provided - and all top notch. Will call again when in the area.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Mickeydoe
Reviewed 24 April 2013

A beautiful b&b, bedrooms are very tasteful with all comforts, the whole place is spotless and the breakfast delicious. Anna was very welcoming and accommodating. I was only staying for one night but would recommend and would return. I was really well looked after.

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank Discosparkles
Reviewed 30 August 2011

Staying here was lovely. Anna served hot tea and muffins upon arrival (even though I got in terribly late) and was a wealth of information about local attractions and directions for my journey next day to Dublin, even drawing me a map which worked splendidly. I was pleased with everything she recommended, including Brennan's Pub down the street where I spent a lovely evening chatting with the locals; Anna even lent me a torch and a reflective safety vest for the walk home (it's out in a rural setting, without many street lights.) The room was very nice with high ceilings and a wonderful historic feel. I'm a geek about history and I really enjoyed the beautiful old furniture with gorgeous inlays and handles. It was so lovely, I took pictures of the furniture! Bathroom was great with a nice shower. It's nice to stay somewhere with an old fashioned long metal key instead of the ubiquitous credit card, magnetic type. Breakfast was a delight and I was completely stuffed when I took my leave. Only wished I had time to stay longer.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
5  Thank SoCalTraveller34
Reviewed 25 August 2011

My wife, son and I began our Irish odyssey staying at Wandesforde House. First of all it is the perfect distance from Dublin to arrive from the US, drive to the house, grab a quick nap and then see some of the beautiful sights a short distance away. The house itself is beautiful, comfortable, convenient, quiet, and charming since it is a school that has been incredibly renovated. The attention to detail is exceptional and the location is perfect and easy to find. Beds, furnishings and baths are all first class. Anna, Michael and family were the perfect hosts and we immediately felt welcome. They provided excellent advice about the area and even recommendations about where to go and what to see following our stay with them. The breakfast was the best we had in Ireland and in fact our stay at Wandesforde was our best stay in all of Ireland.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank David O
Reviewed 24 August 2011

Anna and Michael made me feel like a member of their family. They have a beautiful B&B in the midlands o Ireland. Much to see discovery park, lakes to fish,ancient buildings,deep caves a great thrill for children..If you have ancestors in the area Anna will direct you to the proper information centre. Also a real treat city of Killkeny only half hour drive. There ancient castle Killkenny..Reastaurants many more attractions...

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank John D
Reviewed 16 June 2011

Anna is lovely. Wandesford house is great, stayed here three times now and recommend it to anyone. Anna goes out of her for you. Brennans is a friendly local too.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kieranwil

Been to Wandesforde House B&B? Share your experiences!