“Fabulous B&B!”

Ranked #15 of 50 Clifden B&B and Inns
Fairfield, OH
“Fabulous B&B!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2010

Things happen for a reason. We were booked at another B&B, nearby. Our host had to go out of town, so she sent us to Jane. What a good turn of events! Jane was so welcoming and a delight to chat with. Heather Lodge is cozy and warm, nestled in the rolling hills of Clifden. The view from our bedroom window was breathtaking. Room was very clean and comfortable. Breakfast was fabulous. We even convinced Jane to let her dog, Toby, come say "Hello". Overall, a wonderful experience.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank Ellie B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2009

Last summer, I made my fourth trip to Ireland. On this particular trip, we stayed in seven different bed and breakfast houses. On previous trips, I stayed in about the same number. (Point being made . . . I've stayed in my share of bed and breakfasts!)

Of all the B & B's that I have stayed at, I feel compelled to share my experience at Heather Lodge. I stumbled across the Heather Lodge website as I was planning my trip. I was a little leary of staying here since there are few "traveller reviews" posted anywhere on the Internet. But I threw caution to the wind, and did so. We spent two nights at this B & B. I can't begin to tell you what an absolutely amazing house this is! Mrs. DeLapp is friendly, warm, and welcoming. She serves tea and cake on arrival. She does everything possible to accomodate you. The house itself overlooks it's own small lake. The location of the house is perfect. It's a short drive from the town of Clifden . . . it literally took us about one minute to get to town. The inside of the house is spotlessly clean. Mrs. DeLapp has it decorated beautifully. The sitting room looks as if it is right out of a home decorator's magazine. The bedroom that we stayed in was spacious and had a view out the front window. Even the bathroom was modern and pretty, with a powerful shower. The house has a "homey" feel, with lots of oak and wood. Breakfasts were delicious too. I can't say enough about the wonderful stay that we experienced. Needless to say, I will be returning to Heather Lodge.

• Stayed June 2008, travelled with family