“Great place for tea/coffee and scones”

Cullen's Bistro & Coffee House
Ranked #4 of 4 Coffee & Tea in Clifden
East Kilbride, United Kingdom
“Great place for tea/coffee and scones”
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Four of my friends and I stopped in Clifden and decided to have tea and scones. We had to reorganise the tables to allow five to sit at one table, and the staff were very accommodating. We ordered tea and scones all round. The scones were heated and delicious. The toilets were clean.
We only had a snack, so cannot comment on meals, but it started to get busy. Unfortunately, we finished off the scones, so the coffee house must have been busy all day.

• Visited September 2013

dublin
“First Class Food and Hospitality”
Reviewed 1 September 2013

Having had a few nice meals around Connemara , we visited Clifden and chose this nice looking little bistro to eat in. The Lamb stew was really tasty with fresh tender lamb pieces and nice fresh veg and potatoes. Also a nice fillet of cod in beer batter went down a treat , Great selection of home made desserts. Very friendly staff and pleasing decor too. Highly recommended and very good value for money, We will definately be back. Thanks for a lovely meal.

• Visited August 2013
Limerick, Ireland
“Worst Lasagne in Ireland - possibly ever”
Reviewed 15 August 2013

Popped into Cullen's Bistro for lunch today 15/08/2013.
Ordered Lasagne at cost of €12.90 - expensive, so expected a great meal. Sadly I was very disappointed - Lasange was very small (2"x2"x2" cube) - top was doughy, absolutely flavourless/tasteless, with very little meat - bottom was burnt and hard. I could not cut the bottom base, so left it! Two thirds of the plate was piled with fries (chips).
Spoke to a young waiter before leaving, and explained that my Lasange was burnt and not great, and suggested that this item be removed from the Menu!
Needless to say, I will not be returning and certainly wouldn't recommend this Bistro to others! Cullens is in a great position in the centre of the town, and and is probably visited by many passing tourists - I just hope that they don't experience what I did today?

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank Kevin O
Ireland Derry City
“Stopped for lunch”
Reviewed 26 July 2013 via mobile

Over priced for the food we got, lasagne was homemade very small portion it tasted like stew, the burgers were frozen heated up. The place needed a uplift Iooks inviting from the street, friendly staff.

• Visited July 2013
3 Thank KatrinaMcLoone
Killingly, Connecticut
“Delicious Dessert”
Reviewed 20 July 2013

We stopped at Cullen's for dinner. My daughter had lasagne & I had Irish beef stew. Both were very good, but my daughter's portion was not big & mine could have fed at least two people. The best part was dessert - the rhubarb pie was delicious!

Visited July 2013