“Great entertainment! Nice staff.”
Review of E.J. Kings

E.J. Kings
Ranked #7 of 36 Restaurants in Clifden
Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Had a wonderful evening with some locals I met and listened to some great entertainment. Stayed a lot longer than I intended as I was thoroughly entertained.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

Love this bar restaurant and Aoife and team made this visit a memorable one as service food and wine where perfect , you can eat in the bar or go up the cosy restaurant up stairs our fish was so fresh I could taste the sea, music is on most nights in summer and weekends in winter great bar fabulous team

Joanna F, Public Relations Manager at E.J. Kings, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Dear Clive2011_11,

Wow, Thank you so much for your recent review. We are delighted you enjoyed the service food and wine.
I will pass on you comments to Aoife and all the team here is EJ kings. No doubt they will be delighted.
We really appreciate you recommendation and hopefully we will see you again in the very near future.

Kind Regards,
Joanna Fitzgerald

Reviewed 16 July 2014

Ate here a few times on holiday ,there were 12 of us so we had to book in advance but it was no trouble for them to put tables together in upstairs dining area ,Portions sizes were good had Irish Stew with soda bread,Friends enjoyed Mussels ,Fish and chips ,Steak no complaints everything fresh ,pleasant waitresses and bar staff ,not the cheapest but in euro land .

Reviewed 11 July 2014

Nice pub atmosphere. Good beer and pub food. I add the stew and the chowder. Very large portions. Price is typical pub. Waitresses were very nice and the service was efficient.

Joanna F, Front Office Manager at E.J. Kings, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Dear Bertrand T,

Sincerest thanks for your recent review. We are delighted you enjoyed your visit with us at EJ Kings.
Your recommendation is greatly appreciated.
Hopefully we will see you again in the very near future.

Kind Regards,
Joanna Fitzgerald

Reviewed 30 June 2014

My girlfriend and I drove the Connemara loop from Ashford Castle and couldn't help but stop in Clifden to explore all the shops and pubs. This pub fit the bill for what we were looking for on our vacation, a place to sit outside, watch people, and enjoy a pint (local jargon). Highly recommend the visit here. If you don't like to shop, this is place to chill while the other one shops. Fortunately for me my girlfriend is not a big shopper but we both enjoyed walking around this town.