All reviews centre of town transatlantic flight central location street parking residents bar next morning could not have been more helpful stayed here for one night room was spacious lovely hotel great weekend cooked breakfast a lovely stay breakfast was excellent dining room top class kylemore abbey
Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

Very nice overnight stay room is very comfortable with really nice people working there .the hotel is situated in a great location in the village with easy access to all the beautiful shops and bars and restaurants

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
alcockandbrown, Reception at Alcock & Brown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2018

Thank you for your review of your stay at our hotel. We are pleased you enjoyed our central location in town. We hope to see you again very soon.
KInd regards,

Reviewed 26 August 2018

A terrific hotel that is right in the middle of town. The hotel staff were so friendly. Definitely buy the breakfast option - it's an easy way to start your day. The rooms are good and comfortable. The only downside is that it's on street parking. We were able to find something close to the hotel, but not everyone is. Also - Clifden fills up quickly so pre-book your stay.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to give us a complimentary review. We welcome all your comments and hope to see you again soon.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 26 August 2018 via mobile

Lovely hotel and staff make you feel very welcome. Hotel is centrally located in the town. The breakfast was lovely and well presented. The staff from the begining to end of our trip made us feel very welcome.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We very much appreciate your compliments and hope to welcome you back again very soon.
Regards,

Reviewed 20 August 2018 via mobile

I had to cancel my stay here due to unforeseen circumstances I rang the hotel directly 53 hours beforehand and was advised that I would be charged for my stay even though they have a 48 hours cancellation policy I was informed I should have rung before midnight the day before this means I should have given 63 hours notice. I have never come across this before and I am a seasoned traveller. I booked directly with the hotel and read their site details carefully. Beware when booking here.

Stayed: August 2018
alcockandbrown, General Manager at Alcock & Brown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2018

Dear Pat, I am sorry you could not stay with us and that you had to cancel your reservation. When you booked on our website, the cancellation terms were clearly outlined. When you say you cancelled 53 hours beforehand, you are mistaken. You did in fact cancel 38 hours beforehand and as that fell within 48 hours of the date of arrival, the cancellation was subject to a charge. With regard to the terms of the cancellation policy, it is the Hotel that set the terms and not the person booking the room. Different Hotels apply different terms and indeed can change them at different times of the year.
I am sorry you are upset at being charged, but the Hotel has simply applied the terms of your reservation.
Kind Regards, Declan Maher, General Manager

Reviewed 8 August 2018

Very friendly staff. The room was spacious and clean. The bathroom facilities may look out of date but they were clean and in good working order. A good restaurant with a small menu, but occassionally you can find a hidden gem on the specials menu. Breakfast is excellent. The location is right in the center of Clifden. No car park so a car has to be parked on a paid parking spot in the center.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
alcockandbrown, Reception at Alcock & Brown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2018

Many thanks for taking the time to review our hotel. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. We appreciate all your comments.