1,613 results
All reviews leisure centre anne marie station bar kids club old railway swimming pool the general manager self catering family break steam room lovely hotel bar food welcome pack last weekend would highly recommend this hotel hotel bar mussels
Reviewed 10 October 2018

My husband and I stayed at the Station House in August for a two night break away. On arrival we were greeted by the wonderful staff who were so helpful with any queries or requests. Our room was clean and the breakfast was excellent. Our stay was enhanced greatly by the service received for all staff but especially from Ann Marie, the manager. Ann Marie helped to accommodate our grandchildren who joined us at very short notice. The children really enjoyed the Kids Club and activities provided especially their time in the pool. She is a wonderful addition to this hotel and I would highly recommend it for anyone when visiting Clifden.
We look forward to many repeat stays in this lovely hotel.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank sheilads2018
Reviewed 8 October 2018

Just back from a golfing weekend where over 30 of us stayed at this hotel. I didn't hear a single complaint which is testament to the staff and management of this hotel. . The staff were warm and friendly and showed genuine interest in making our stay comfortable. The food was excellent, particularly recommend the lamb which was cooked to perfection. The piano player in the Bar was excellent and we all joined in on the Saturday night. On behalf of our Rags Golf society, thank you for wonderful weekend.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank James O
Reviewed 7 October 2018 via mobile

Just back from a stay in this hotel - it was an unexpected- unplanned visit to Clifden -I rang and spoke to the receptionist who was on on Saturday morning- think her name was Mary -explained my situation- she was absolutely brilliant- went above and beyond - allowed us access to our room 2 hours early - have to say it’s a long time since staff were so down to earth and nothing a problem - spoke to a lady who I presume was the manager again - great - went into the bar on Saturday night - Batman again great and then the breakfast staff- all great- what struck me was every member of staff appeared to be genuinely interested in making your stay great and nothin was a trouble- would definitely recommend and if I’m down that way again will definitely stay !

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank 906traceyh
Reviewed 5 October 2018 via mobile

We had an outstanding weekend at the Station house with my husband & girls. We had a large family room (very quiet, though others were having a great time with music in the bar!) and we particularly enjoyed the pool & restaurant. There’s also a nice bar & coffee shop in the courtyard. Perfect location with footpaths into town. Excellent and friendly service - thanks Annmarie and team!

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Louise M
Reviewed 5 October 2018 via mobile

Great staff checking me in- effecient and super friendly. Big shout to Claire and Hannah. Minimum of fuss and well handled with great aplomb. These two receptionists are to be treasured and made me feel very welcome indeed. 10 out of 10 to the Station House and keep up the good work..

Trip type: Travelled on business