“Perfect Destination”

Ranked #6 of 36 Restaurants in Clifden
Price range: US$7 - US$33
Good for: Local cuisine, View
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Relaxed Family run Restaurant and Hotel with breath taking sunset in the bay over dinner, fine locally sourced seafood(many local meat options also) and home grown vegetables and salad. Cosy open fire places in the restaurant make even the coolest of days enjoyable and a large open turf fire in the Bar is ideal for having pre dinner and after dinner drinks in front of. The sun terrace overlooking the bay is a must for pre dinner drinks on fine days. Taxi service available please enquire when reserving for dinner.
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

The Ardagh Hotel and Restaurant is one of my favorite places in Ireland. I have been here twice, and each time I have had a great experience.
The hotel has a very intimate home feel. The food is world class. Every meal I have ever had has been fantastic.
It is a family establishment, and it is such a pleasure to be treated like family by Stephane and Monique.
The hotel is clean and has a beautiful view of the bay, and epic sunset views.
I highly recommend a stay here, and having dinner here.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Breakfast menu was good - excellent food. The dining room is bright and pleasant and the view of the bay is lovely.
Dinner was very good - good choice of dishes and food served in the bar during the day was also very good.

1  Thank Paula P
Reviewed 25 May 2014

We stayed here for 3 days as a part of our two week honeymoon in Ireland. This by far was the best accommodation that we experienced. Stephan and his staff were all incredibly helpful and friendly.The room was clean and had an extraordinary view. As for the restaurant, I cannot say enough good things about it. Everything we tried (we had dinner and breakfast every day of our stay) was delicious and artfully arranged. The bartender was very friendly, offering a good deal of suggestions for things to see and do. The whiskey selection was excellent as well. And I might add that they poured a beautiful pint of Guinness. I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the area, as you will not be disappointed. Overall, excellent hotel and restaurant.

Reviewed 22 May 2014

OK, Clifden is full of tourist traps: ping and ding places whose culinary adventurousness stretches no further than the microwave. The Ardagh is different. You walk in and there is a huge lounge for a pre-dinner drink (it struck me as a really cool scene from the 1970s). Then you go upstairs for dinner. This was a real treat. There was magnificent attention to detail and the tables overlooked the sea. Service was excellent. Food was good. If I could quibble, I would say the that cheese board could be better (mainly biscuits with the cheeses a poor second) but that is a minor point. And, here is the crucial point, the owner shook our hands as we left. That meant we left with a nice warm feeling. Well done owner. Well done chef.

1  Thank makethetea
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Fabulous family run inn and restaurant. We've traveled a lot, and this was one of the best meals ever! We had oysters, chowder, mussels (amazing!), the best.filet.ever!, lamb curry, and great house wine. Excellent service from Stephane and Serge and the Latvian DJ. Great view, lovely setting.