“Great Food”

Ranked #3 of 36 Restaurants in Clifden
Price range: US$29 - US$76
Good for: Local cuisine, View
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Relaxed family run restaurant and hotel with breathtaking sea view sunsets, fine locally sourced seafood(many local meat options also), home grown vegetables, herbs and salads. Open turf fire places in the restaurant make even the coolest of days enjoyable and the large open turf fire in the bar is ideal for having pre dinner and after dinner drinks beside. The sun terrace overlooking the bay is a must for pre dinner drinks on summer days. Taxi service available please enquire when reserving for dinner.
Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

We ate in the restaurant whilst staying in the hotel and had a fabulous meal. The home grown vegetables and herbs are fantastic and really add to the experience. The fresh mussels and spicy tempura hake were both gorgeous and the home grown tomatoes in the caprese salad were delicious. Home made breads and the petit fours topped off a great meal. Would highly recommend this place.

1  Thank Maureen D

Reviewed 23 July 2014

When staying in Connemara for little over three days, there is little time to waste in the many tourist traps in the area - which is why the Ardagh is the perfect place to dine. We didn't stay in the hotel, but happily came down there for a relaxing meal after an intense weekend of travelling from Belgium to London to Ireland and back, and the restaurant delivered.

From the warm welcome of the owner, over the glorious wine selection (not to mention the breakfast brandy earlier that day!), to the fresh fish and the view of the bay in a gentle sunset, it was a lovely experience.

The only regrettable aspect of the whole Ardagh experience was that we didn't stay to hear the son of the owners play music in the bar. I promised to go back, and I count the days until I get the chance to!

1  Thank Kristof S
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We had recent a family get together in the Ardagh Hotel Restaurant in July and I would just like to thank Stephane and Monique for the fantastic and friendly service they provided on our night out. The fresh seafood was amazing and like no other I have experienced anywhere in Connemara at a very reasonable price, with a large choice on the menu. The bar and restaurant staff were extremely helpful and friendly. After our meal we were very impressed by the live music at the bar/lounge and a great night was had by all. I would highly recommend this restaurant to anybody visiting Connemara, an experience not to be missed.

Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

The Ardagh Hotel and Restaurant is one of my favorite places in Ireland. I have been here twice, and each time I have had a great experience.
The hotel has a very intimate home feel. The food is world class. Every meal I have ever had has been fantastic.
It is a family establishment, and it is such a pleasure to be treated like family by Stephane and Monique.
The hotel is clean and has a beautiful view of the bay, and epic sunset views.
I highly recommend a stay here, and having dinner here.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Breakfast menu was good - excellent food. The dining room is bright and pleasant and the view of the bay is lovely.
Dinner was very good - good choice of dishes and food served in the bar during the day was also very good.

1  Thank Paula P