“Tasty Chowder”

Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Lisburn, United Kingdom
“Tasty Chowder”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Great lunchtime meal here while staying in Clifden. Reasonably priced and good portions.Seafood chowder was rich and creamy and packed with seafood.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank AmandaMaloneLisburn

Tucson, AZ
“Very disappointing!!!!!”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

We got this recommendation from a local man, so we had very high hopes for our lunch. I do realize that we were there off lunch hours (it was 2:30ish) but I never understand having such a beautiful restaurant in the main square and having it run by bunch of teenagers. The service was just terrible. There were bunch of young kids in uniform in the back room talking and watching something on a TV or Tablet or something and not once would they come and see if you needed anything (I had to hunt one down for some ketchup for my fries). The people next to us (the only other people there) were complaining that their meat was not cooked all the way. I have to say that our fish and chips was actually very good and hot. Took forever to get the bill paid for. I am sure this place is amazing at other times, but when we went not one of our best experiences in Ireland.

• Visited May 2014
PA
“Very nice restaurant”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

We had our best meal in Ireland when we dined here 2 years ago. We just returned from a trip to Ireland and dined there again. The meal was good but not as good as two years ago.
But with that being said, still a good meal.

• Visited May 2014
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Good price and excellent burgers”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Casual and family friendly restaurant. My husband and I are had the chicken sandwich and hamburger, the price was very reasonable (10 euros each) and the portion was very big. I have to say it is the best chicken burger I've had anywhere in Ireland - good sized bun, perfectly cooked meat, right toppings. Plus the staff were helpful and accommodating to our requests.

• Visited April 2014
Dublin, Ireland
“Decent food, awful service”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

We were looking for average food at an average price in a relaxed environment. The food was fine, worth the money but not mind blowing. My only real issue is that everything took ages. We sat for about 10 minutes before getting menus, and we sat another 20 mins looking at our empty plates before seeing anyone since we got our food. Then they cleared half of the table, brought the bill, and never cleared the other peoples empty plates. I don't get it. There were btwn 3-5 tables besides ours the entire time we dined. That's just a sign of people who don't care about their jobs, and a poor reflection on management.

Visited April 2014