“Average”

Basmati Indian Restaurant
Ranked #29 of 36 Restaurants in Clifden
Cuisines: Indian
Description: This restaurant has been in existence for at least several years. The telephone number is Ireland area code and 095-22619. Three employees and about 20 tables. Pretty good set up. Will write a generally positive review of the diner we had.
Reviewed 25 August 2013

We were staying nearby in our caravan and had a take away. The usual chicken tikka masala, onion bhaji's etc etc. It was acceptable food however I have tasted better. If I was hungry and nowhere else was open I would go again.

Reviewed 21 August 2013

If this place had good service my overall rating would have been very good or excellent. We had the chicken tikka, veggie khorma, and lamb phall (which is insanely, almost unejoyably hot). All of this food was among the best indian food I've had.

The rub with this place was the service. When the staff interacted with us, they were friendly, but they were not at all attentive. When they brought food we had to ask for silverware and serving spoons for the food and rice. We also had to ask for napkins. Into our meal we had to ask for more water. When we did ask for this stuff it took them a long time to get it to us, and it wasn't crowded either.

If they could get their service together this place would be really great. I guess I would offer a tacit recommendation to eat here, but don't expect great service. Maybe just order takeout.

Reviewed 18 August 2013

front of the place doesnt look great but liked the seat where we ate at window nice view, delicious meal pakora and tikka massala, they didnt rush us when finishing our wine at the end of the meal which i like!

Reviewed 28 July 2013

the samosas were terrible but the rest of our meal was great! - chicken tandoori and a vegetarian dish

Reviewed 28 July 2013

I arrived at 5:00 PM, the opening time, and was the only patron. I asked to be seated at one of the tables at the window overlooking the river but was told they were all booked. I asked at what time and was told 5:30. I ate and left the restaurant close to 6:00 and nobody else had entered. The food was good but not a very large portion considering the price.

1  Thank Stephen M