“Good food but you won't find the famous atmosphere from Galway”

The Gallery Restaurant
Ranked #28 of 33 Restaurants in Clifden
Price range: US$11 - US$27
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Waterford, Ireland
“Good food but you won't find the famous atmosphere from Galway”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2013 via mobile

Excellent food and service but if you're after the local famous atmosphere, you won't find it here. It's a nice quiet spot.

• Visited September 2013

Kells, Ireland
“Mind = Blown”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2013

This was one of the best meals I have ever had. My girlfriend and I took our annual trip to Clifden and decided to try The Gallery restaurant for a change. The staff were very intelligent and seen we were looking for some romance so they gave us the best seats in the house... beside the window. We found the menu had a great selection of food much to our delight. I would highly recommend the spicy chicken wings to start and the salmon for mains. Delicious!! Mind blowing food. As for deserts... The chocolate mousse cake was incredible! coupled with the great wine the girlfriend and I were well pleased with ourselves for this 'discovery' and we will be back

Dublin, Ireland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food, great staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2013

We stayed in the Alcock and Brown Hotel and eat both nights of our stay in their "Gallery Restaurant". This candlelit restaurant has the most prefect atmosphere. The staff were fantastic and nothing you asked of them was too much trouble. The food was excellent- fresh and cooked to perfection. The background music was soft and so relaxing. Each evening we left feeling we got great value for money- When in Clifden this is a restaurant you must visit. We will be back to stay in the Alcock and Brown Hotel and eat in the Gallery Restaurant.

• Visited September 2013
Sligo, Ireland
“5 star food in a 3 star hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2013

A friend of mine recommended I ate here. It was a long drive from Galway city but it was well worth it. I booked a table for 2 and was greeted warmly at the door. The décor was very calming and the lighting combined with the background music created a lovely atmosphere. The staff were all very polite and helpful. I was glad we had booked as the restaurant was very busy. The soup was veg and curry. It sounded strange but tasted delicious, better than boring tomato or veg like everywhere else. My husband had mussels to start and they were cooked to a perfection. I had chicken for mains and it really hit the spot. The desserts were all homemade and you could certainly tell. I have already told all my family and friends about this restaurant. I will definitely return.

• Visited August 2013
“A great place with great staff.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2013 via mobile

A group of 10 stay at this hotel and had ouf dinner in the galley . The food was first class and very nice staff. I could not say one bad thing about it. Yes I will be back . Thanks all .