Foyles Hotel
Clifden Station House(Clifden)(Great Value!)
US$186
Travelocity
  • Pool
US$201
US$146
US$162
  • Breakfast included
Clifden Town Hostel(Clifden)(Great Value!)
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
Atlantic View(Clifden)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsmarconi restaurantold styleold worldbit datedno elevatorcountry hotelfriendly hotelgood sized roomsa family run hotelloved this hotelvery pleasant staybay windowenjoyed my staylambbeds were very comfortablelast weekendtop class
Reviewed 4 June 2014

We stumbled upon Foyle's Hotel last May during our first trip to Ireland and we loved it. As Connemara is our favorite area of Ireland, we scheduled a night this May at Foyle's. We weren't disappointed. Surprisingly, without asking for it or prior knowledge on their part, Foyle's put us in the exact same room as last year! It was still immaculately clean with a very comfortable bed, a cool old wardrobe, and a claw-footed tub (with shower guard). The breakfast was excellent (as it was last year). The croissants melt in your mouth! Yes, this hotel is over 200 years old and if you want the "modern look" of a standard hotel, this probably isn't for you. However, it has character, charm, history, and the staff is friendly and efficient. Plus, the location is perfect. We love this place and will definitely be back. (Maybe we'll try a different room next time!) :-)

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Had a weekend away as gift for my husbands 60th, he had never been to Connemara. We loved Foyles, it is a bit dated but that's what I loved about it. Breakfast was great, I arrived down early one morning (the staff were still setting up) but I was able to sit down with my book and was given coffee and toast while I waited. We had the best nights sleep we've ever had in an Hotel anywhere. Will go back again later in the year.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Yes, the hotel is a bit worn, but it retains it's 200 year old character and the friendly, helpful staff and great breakfast more than compensate for some worn furnishings and occasional glitches (e.g., power went out on one side of our room, which was quickly fixed). Oh, and the price was the best we found in central Clifden the night we stayed. Our only complaint was that the wi-fi was sporadic, as it worked fine for a while and then "acted up" and we couldn't get online at all in our room (111) at night. Even so, we would not hesitate to stay here again!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Recently took a weekend away with friends and stayed in Foyles Hotel. We had a great time, great staff and a wonderful atmosphere...a bit like staying at your grannies.

A great breakfast (although finishes early 10am), did see some arrive late and nobody was turned away.

Evening entertainment was great in Mullarkeys Bar. Good music and a great mix of guests and locals.

Lovely food in the restaurant.

Bedrooms could use some updating but they are very comfortable.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Date of trip: 26th April 2014, for one night. First time staying here although I have known it for more than a decade, having visited it's excellent Mullarkey's pub before, where the music scene is great (and the bar serves late), and also the Marconi restaurant where the food is always good. I travelled as part of a group of 10 friends on a reunion trip. Took a room on my own. A large comfortable bed, en suite bathroom, tea/coffee TV etc, wi-fi stretched to my room. This is a lovely, old fashioned hotel where customer service is king, right on the square in the centre of Clifden, a homely hotel where the doors are big and the welcome is enormous. Top-notch Irish breakfast in the morning. I took a large room on my own for a very competitive rate, half of what I had paid in Galway city the previous night. I have stayed in other hotels in Clifden and around, and I would happily recommend this to travellers looking for a very convenient place to stay when touring Connemara.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends