“Pleasure and Comfort at It's Best!”
Review of Ocean Villa B&B

Ocean Villa B&B
Ranked #30 of 45 Clifden B&B and Inns
Reviewed 16 June 2013

I spent 4 nights in Ocean Villa B&B due to working locally in the area for the week.

I was taken to a lovely room, I was staying on my own and was big enough for 2 people. The room was immaculate, it was en-suite and facing the lake. It was a real breath-taking view especially on nice days!

Carmel, a.k.a "The Lady of the House" ! Would do absolutely anything for you. She was so pleasant and friendly and really made me feel at home. As I stay away a lot, it was really nice to feel so welcomed into someone's house.

For me, it was a home away from home. You got a beautiful breakfast in the morning, help yourself to a continental style breakfast first as a hearty full Irish breakfast is being cooked. They had a lovely living room, decorated with loads of family photos, your typical Irish home really! There was also a conservatory area where you could relax and look out onto the lake while sitting back and having a cup of tea!

The 4 nights were luxury, the room was great and so were the en-suite facilities. The bed was also very comfortable and rooms were cleaned each day (not sure as to why they're bad reviews about cleanliness as I found it to be one of the cleanest and well kept places I've visited!) Martin and Carmel couldn't have done more for me even if I had asked, service was second to none! I also had the pleasure of meeting 3 of their children, Gillian, Grace and Abigail who were just as welcoming and humble as they were! (And not to forget their 4 amazing Grand-Children that I'd the pleasure to meet!)

Looking forward to returning to Ocean Villa, next time for pleasure and not work!

Thanks again guys!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Mtoval12

Reviewed 4 September 2012

My husband and I stayed here for 4 nights in August and I have to say it was one of the most beautiful locations I had ever seen, and trust me I have travelled!!! From the minute we arrived to the minute we left everything was just fabulous. We were greeted by Carmel and her husband Martin and we felt we knew them for years, they are so kind and welcoming. The food is gorgeous and all home-made, that woman knows how to cook! The view from the bedroom is something you would have to see to believe, AMAZING!!! The house is absolutely spotless and well cared for, and I am fussy! The walks in the general area are to be marvelled at, no matter what direction you look there's something beautiful. We’ll be back for sure. Thanks for everything.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ChanelGirl12
Reviewed 29 July 2012

This is a true Irish B&B. One that was first a family home, and now embraces visitors. Before the rise of purpose built B&Bs, Ireland was populated with this type of lodging; the Irish welcoming visitors into their homes. So while you may not find the newest and shiniest of objects here, what you will find is true Irish hospitality in one of the most beautiful areas of Ireland.

The rooms are quite spacious and your hosts- Carmel and Martin- do everything they can to make your stay with them pleasant. Take the time to chat with Carmel- she is an expert on the Connemara region- and can advise you on what to see and where to go.

We stayed here two nights with our daughters and enjoyed every minute. From sitting in the glass sitting room, watching the rain fall over the ocean to savoring our delicious breakfasts, our stay was filled with cead mile failte.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Irishgrl_7
Reviewed 27 July 2012 via mobile

Stayed in Ocean Villa and loved it!!

It's an 8km drive from Clifden, so not in town, but the drive has some of the best views in the country! The view from the house is fabulous too, with the sea practically at the doorstep!

The owners, Carmel and Martin, made us feel at home from the moment we arrived, inviting us into the sitting room and chatting over cups of tea. We felt as though they were old friends!

The breakfast was fantastic! High quality food and more than we could finish!! Couldn't have asked for better service! We will definitely be back!

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank Travelbug8a
Reviewed 22 September 2011

We stayed at the Ocean Villa B&B for five nights and enjoyed the experience. The B&B is an older style establishment that doesn’t have all the bells and whistles of its 5 star counterparts. What is does have is magnificent views, being perfectly situated on the Sky Road, warm hospitality and great breakfasts.

Our hosts Carmel and Martin were very welcoming. They made us feel very at home straight away and were incredibly accommodating of my disabled mother.

The rooms are simply decorated and have great views of the surrounding farming area. We loved the country feel - especially the Connemara horses and baby donkey which you can see from the ground floor rooms - and the uninterrupted views of the ocean inlet which were spectacular at sunset.

There are also lots of lovely walks around Ocean Villa including a walk to the headland along a very picturesque lane – the stuff that memories are made of!

If you want an authentic experience in simple accommodation that is incredibly close to Clifden, Roundstone and even Oughterard and the wonderful valleys in the area then this is a perfect choice. We would also highly recommend this accommodation for less mobile or disabled guests.

Thanks to Carmel and her family for creating wonderful memories for us - you won't be forgotten.

Love Desiree, Jack and Jenny (Australia)

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank gatitamuybonita
Reviewed 19 August 2011

Clifden is a beautilful place to stay but don't stay in this B&B !!! The shower was very dirty and the toilet bowl they forgot to clean it .... "I THINK".
There was a little brown boat travelling in the toilet bowl !!! We slept that night with our clothes on and also the bed was very old ! The coffee cup in my room had some rust flakes . Don't take your shoes off in the room because the carpet is full of dust !
The only positive thing in this B&B is the view ! The Ocean villla has a very very very beautilful view !!!!!!! The owner,Carmel, is a nice person but she asked us 40 euro for a ensuite without a view . For that price on the sky road of Cliden you could find a four or a five stars B&B. I'm very sorry to write negative of this B&B but it's the truth !
BELIEVE ME !!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank vinnyjoe
Reviewed 6 September 2010

My wife and I stayed at the Ocean Villa B&B for six nights in August 2010 and we absolutely loved it! Martin and Carmel are among the nicest people you'll ever meet and were always ready to give advice about trips, attractions, shopping and dining opportunities in the area. We had the front room with a fantastic scenic view and the room standard was well within our expectations. And even if our room was a little exposed to the driveway we barely noticed any noise from the other guests. It is true that the Ocean Villa shows signs of use, but that just adds to the authenticity of the experience.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple