Kingstown House
US$172
US$116
US$99
  • Breakfast included
Alcock & Brown Hotel(Clifden)(Great Value!)
US$99
Hostelworld.com
Maol Reidh Hotel(Tullycross)
US$123
US$155
All reviewsb bcooked a delicious breakfasther parentsthe location is perfectwhite puddingfriendly and helpful ownersgave us great advicepancakes with maple syrupthird floorsoda breadperfect hostsstay there againpot of teabeds were comfortableher husbanda great staymiddle of town
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 April 2012

This B&B is situated in the centre of Clifden town with ample parking available on the street outside. The owners are very friendly and interested in our feedback when we were leaving. The cooked breakfast was delicious, generous portions and cooked to perfection. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and I would stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 January 2012

The B&B itself is pleasant (definitely an older property). Regina and Jim, the owners were very friendly and very helpful on what to do in the area. You can park infront of the B&B on the street. It is well situated just off of the main street.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank wbsAlberta
Reviewed 26 October 2011

unless you're averse to genuine hospitality. Regina and Jim were spectacular. I just returned yesterday from a weekend-long family wedding. Since everyone in the family was home for the wedding, for the first time in decades, I had to pay for accommodations in Connemara. (I know, I can hear the teeny violins now!) At any rate, I looked on this website and asked my cousins for recommendations. Both directed me to look at Kingstown House. It is centrally located in the very heart of Clifden; you are literally right around the corner from everything in town. An older building, it is not the Ritz, but it is charming. The rooms (by American standards) are small but we spent very little time in them anyways. There's a very cozy front room downstairs with a fire if you're looking to chillax anyways. The bed was super and we slept like rocks. In the morning (rather late in the morning in fact) Regina was ready for us with a slew of options for breakfast. So accommodating was she that when my cousin informed her the night before that she had wheat allergies, she popped into the shop and purchased some gluten free bread for her breakfast. She then insisted that my cousin take the remainder of the loaf home with her to Dublin so it would not go to waste. Just like staying with family. It will be my first recommendation to friends visiting Ireland for sure.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Nandy61
Reviewed 22 October 2011

A lucky find for us! This b&b was just what we were looking for... and more. Regina and Jim were very friendly, helpful, and generous hosts.

• Stayed: October 2011
1  Thank EricKes
Reviewed 27 August 2011

This was our second time to stay at Kingstown House and again we had an extremely positive experience. Excellent value for money with lovely comfortable beds, nice rooms, and the breakfast couldn’t have been better – lots of options, locally sourced produce and home baking with plenty of good coffee. The owners, Jim and Regina, are the kindest, friendliest people you will ever encounter. They were a great source of local information and went above and beyond the call of duty to cater for our special requests. The guesthouse is in a great location too just at one end of the main street and Clifden is an ideal base from which to explore the many delights of Connemara. We are looking forward to our next trip already!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple