“lovely”

Ranked #5 of 36 Restaurants in Clifden
Price range: US$30 - US$49
Good for: Business meetings, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: A charming family run restaurant managed personally by the Foyles for a century. We focus on fresh, seasonal ingredients, (sourced locally where possible), specialising in Seafood and traditional Irish Favourites, there is something to suit every taste. The restaurant is set in distinctive surroundings, full of interesting artefacts covering the history of Connemara and the hotel. You can expect a professional, friendly service, creative cooking, offered at a fair price in a relaxed ambience.
Reviewed 25 October 2013

very good set menu in place, we first had a drink in bar which is very quirky and cant wait to go back for a night out. Looks lots of fun! Went thought to eat. It is quite formal setting which is daunting hen you have a 3 year old in tow. But staff were really welcoming. Food was gorgeous I had Connemara smoked salmon to start and sea bass as main which was beautifully cooked and fell away on my fork, my son was made pesto pasta with chicken breast(not on menu) and my husband and father in law had delicious pork belly. Thoroughly enjoyable meal, with a very attentive waiter on work placement from France.

Reviewed 24 October 2013

This Restaurant was recommended by most of the guide books and by our hotel all of which turned out to be 100% true - an excellent place to dine with a broad menu and good wine list. Nice location in the town center and a short walk from the Quay House Hotel.

Reviewed 17 October 2013

After many trips to Clifden, we decided to try Marconi's. From the outset, the service was horrible. Although not overly busy, we waited to order drinks, waited for the drinks, long waits for food and waited forever for the bill. Other diners were having the same experience and one couple even left. The waiter actually commented on something on TV in the kitchen. My husband and I shared goat cheese fritters. He had the pork belly entrée and I had the lamb shank. With accompanying vegetables, they were both lovely as was the wine. We indulged in a nice cheesecake and fruit crumble to finish. However, that night, we both experienced some severe gastro-intestinal distress which we attributed to the goat cheese fritters as it was the only common thing we'd had. I'm afraid we'll probably skip this spot next year.

Reviewed 8 October 2013

Yes, a very pleasant dining experience in Clifden. This restaurant is part of Foyle's Hotel at the top end of Clifden with it's own entrance so diners do not have to walk into the hotel to gain access. Well priced, fish was beautifully prepared which we chose both times, vegetables not overcooked and the chef had a special way of preparing little baby potatoes, in a spicy coating - delicious. The second time we dined we were kept waiting a tad too long for our food (overhalf an hour) and we were offered an Irish whiskey x 2 on the house to make up for this delay! My companion accepted, and I opted for a cup of tea. Only downside was a not very clean gent's loo (my partner had a quiet word in someone's ear and the next night, they were spotless). Would recommend this restaurant for an enjoyable evening meal.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

Went to the Marconi on Sat and it was fabulous! There were 7 of us and by chance we all had something different - roast duck, beef fillet, rack of lamb, pork belly, scallops, monkfish and hake. Every single dish was perfect :) Thanks Stephen and all for making my 40th so memorable!