Treacys Oakwood Hotel
Dromoland Castle Hotel(Newmarket-on-Fergus)
US$1,224
Preferred Hotels
Great 4.5/5
The Inn at Dromoland(Newmarket-on-Fergus)(Great Value!)
US$122
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
US$97
Very Good 4/5
All reviewsshannon airportthe publovely hotelbunratty castlestaff were lovelywedding receptionfunction roombar menuclose to the airportminute driveshopping centretop classwould highly recommend this hotelcounty clarefood was amazinghotel restaurantfive minutes
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 31 March 2014

My husband and I stayed in this very nice and homely hotel on Saturday & Sunday night. We were greeted by a very friendly receptionist, May. Our room was ok, clean but unfortunately we could only have a twin room as the hotel was fully booked with a wedding. We had a voucher for a meal and the food was delicious, and was presented so well, nothing left on the plates afterwards ! we were served by very friendly staff, especially Kris. I noticed he had time to chat and interact with all the guests, a nice touch. We had a couple of drinks in the bar earlier and afterwards, however the only slight critism was the lack of attention of some of the bar staff on Sunday evening. The one big thing that I would say to enhance their business is PLEASE REPAIR YOUR SIGN AT THE FRONT AS THE HOTEL NAME IS MISSING. otherwise, thanks for a lovely and relaxing stay.

Room Tip: As most of the rooms are on the ground level and some very close to the reception area, if you want a quieter room, ask for the rooms one floor above.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cathy D
FrancesClare_Ireland, Director of Sales at Treacys Oakwood Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Dear Cathy D
Thank you most sincerely for choosing to stay here in the Oakwood Arms Hotel recently and thank you also for your feedback. I am delighted that you enjoyed your time with us. Your positive feedback regarding the staff , excellent location, bedrooms and fantastic food quality is most rewarding for all the team. During the recent storms our hand crafted hotel sign was badly damaged and is currently being restored to its former glory and should be in place within the next few days.
I will be sure to share your feedback with the team, so they can see how their attention to detail and great customer service pays off. We look forward to welcoming you on your return visit.

Reviewed 30 March 2014

It had been almost four years since my last stay. But the hotel has maintained the quality/hospitality that it demonstrated on that first trip. For the difference in price if you are an overseas traveler, I recommend a suite to repack and relax in advance of the journey home. Having staying elsewhere and driving in for air departure, the Oakwood is now all I will consider.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank OleMissbanker

Dear OleMissbanker

Thank you for kindly taking the time to leave such a wonderful review on Trip advisor.
Our philosophy is great service and quality at affordable prices. We delighted when our guest take time out to express their appreciation and I will be sure to share your comments with our team.
We very much appreciate the recommendation and hope to see you in the Oakwood Arms Hotel in the near future.

We would be delighted to welcome you back on your next trip.

Kind Regards

Co. Clare

Reviewed 11 March 2014

We celebrated my sisters 60th birthday party on Saturday the 8th March 2014 I have only praise for this Hotel. Management and Staff where superb. The function ran smoothly without a hitch, food was Excellent and the service was of a 5 star standard. Would highly recommend this hotel. Special mention to Frances and Rita.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
FrancesClare_Ireland, Director of Sales at Treacys Oakwood Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

Dear Gina S,

Thank you for kindly taking the time to leave such a wonderful review on trip advisor following your recent family celebration.

Kind Regards

Oakwood Arms Hotel
Co. Clare

Reviewed 9 March 2014

The Oak Wood Arms Hotel is affordable and convenient to Shannon Airport.
We stayed one quick night in transit to the United States. The staff were friendly but extremely busy in the late afternoon but our check in was quick and efficient.

The hotel was built in 1991, in the English Tudor style, and is reminiscent of much older hotels, with dark woods. I drove past the hotel once because the hotel signed read "Arms Hotel". The room was clean and comfortable but lacking a thermostat. Heating was "adjusted" on one of two radiators, one in the bedroom area and one in the bathroom. Bedding was comfortable but the bathroom linen was in need of refurbishment. A flat screen television and wi-fi connectivity was available.

We tried Sophie's Bar for a early evening pub meal and were very pleased with the fish and chips and other dishes.

A first floor front hallway door, leading to the the lobby of the building and exit, when not propped open at night, require that you find and push a button to unlock. The front exterior entrances, closer to guest rooms, are not accessible from the outside. All guests must use the lobby for access. Smoke detectors in the guest rooms were in evidence.

The Oak Wood Arms video says that it's within walking distance to Shannon Airport however Google reports that it is a 5.1km "walk" to the terminal.

I think that the hotel is convenient and affordable for a night or two.

Room Tip: Our room on the first floor, front, was noisy most of the night.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JamesD20

Dear JamesD20,
Thank you most sincerely for choosing to stay here in the Oakwood Arms Hotel recently and thank you also for your feedback. I am delighted that you enjoyed your time with us. Your positive feedback regarding the interior décor of the hotel, excellent location, bedrooms and fantastic food quality is most rewarding for all the team. During the recent storms our hand crafted hotel sign was badly damaged and is currently being restored to its former glory and should be in pacer within few days.

Reviewed 3 March 2014

It was a brilliant experience at the Hotel. We stayed here on a business visit for 6 weeks and were extremely happy at the end of our stay. The hotel staff took very good care of our needs and I would recommend this hotel to every one.

Room Tip: Rooms at the end of corridors are quieter
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Baljot Singh R

Dear Baljotsinghranu,
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your good experiences during your recent long stay with us at the Oakwood Arms Hotel. As part of the hotel, policy we read our reviews closely and use them for both employee recognition and to ensure that you, our guests are receiving the highest level of service. I will be sure to share your feedback with the team, so they can see how their attention to detail and great customer service pays off. As you are now part of our hotel's history, I hope you will return on your next visit.

Oakwood Arms Hotel