“Very very good old friend”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Oakwood Hotel

The Oakwood Hotel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Shannon
United Kingdom
“Very very good old friend”
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

Ok let's start out with the truth , yes the hotel is not a 4 star or 5 star it is a 3 star and one of the best 3 stars we have ever stayed in , the rooms are always spotless and the hotel is always clean , but most of all it's the staff, the reception , bar and room services staff are quality , they are 5 star quality , no issue too small and always a smile, it's a warm gentle welcome that's genuine , I have been using the hotel for many years and never ever had an issue , family functions or just pleasure stays they have always gone well , the suites are large and great value , the food although standard bar faire is good , I think the bar menu needs changing a little but that's probably a personal view considering my frequent visits ...... Need more people to use this gem and it will polish up one day to a 4 star but let's be clear is a top top 3 star .....it always has been and I know always will be

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank tirangapete1

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
Bois Colombes, France
Reviewed 26 April 2014

What to say .... there's only 3 hotels in Shannon , so the choice is extremely limited.
From the other reviews this is the "best" hotel in Shannon , ok , but best does not mean great.
This will be ok for a couple of nights but I would get seriously depressed if I had to stay for more than this.
There's nothing really wrong in that hotel , but everyting is so old fashion ,dark and tired : the rooms , the corridors , the breakfast ....
The bar is probably the "best" part of the hotel , I mean the most "lively" part.
I was happy that I only had to stay for a couple of days there.
At least , it was not too expensive.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Shannon, Ireland
Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed for a business trip for three nights . Room was comfortable and very clean. The staff is very friendly and professional. They really made me feel welcome. Went for dinner, chef had excellent menu and good preparation. I would definitely recommend them for a good stay.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 25 April 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights. All of the staff were friendly and helpful throughout our stay. The hotel and our room was very clean with everything we needed. The bathroom was spotlessly clean. The breakfasts are excellent with lots of choice of well cooked and fresh food.
The location is convenient and atmospheric- 10 mins walk from town with lots of bars, restaurants, shops etc.
Overall it was a great experience and definitely will recommend others.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Tullamore, Ireland
Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

arrived on a sunday all though part of our offer was free meal the restraunt was closed which was a let down after travelling all day we had bar food instead we had to wait 45 minutes for our food but food was good a little overpriced barman keith was very friendly however him and many of the customers was talking about other members of staff and guests which i found very rude room was very hot and we couldnt open the windows as they were locked booked to use the sauna but wasnt working breakfast was awful burned and no taste decor very out of date no entertaintment the two nights we were there very disappointing wont be going back awful trip

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank christine w
FrancesClare_Ireland, Director of Sales at The Oakwood Hotel, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Dear Christine

As a team, The Oakwood Arm Hotel takes pride in ensuring our customer's satisfaction; unfortunately we did not meet your or our own expectations on the weekend of your stay. Upon a thorough review of the situation, the General Manager, has spoken to both the, head chef & bar manager, Richa who you meet during your .We have to accept complete responsibility for the issues raised.
I honestly appreciate you bringing this to our attention so that other guests do have the same experience
We deeply value your relationship with the Oakwood Arms Hotel and are committed to providing you with the highest level of service simply because our customers deserve the very best.
I would welcome the opportunity to speak with you personally perhaps you can email me your contact details.
Once again that you for understanding
Tel. 061 719 236
Mobile. 086 3747 576

Email sales@oakwoodarms.com
Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

I love coming to do business in shannon just because I get to stay in my favorite hotel in ireland. I always seem to get a brilliant nights sleep here.
Saying that there are a couple of things stopping this hotel from getting a 5/5 review. The breakfast is of a really poor quality for the price of the rooms and the decor is getting a bit tired now although the hotel is always clean. I can't comment on the restaurant as I eat in the bar but the food ordered in the bar is always good if not a little pricey.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Newtownards
Reviewed 22 April 2014

We stayed here on Grab One offer and as we had stayed last year on same offer and extremely pleased with it decided to do it again. Room and reception staff was good but when we went for our dinner which was included in the offer , that's when things went downhill. I ordered soup as a starter , but when the barman brought over 4 sets of knives and forks I thought he didn't know I had ordered soup. The Manageress , Ricah , a lovely lady , brought the soup and soup spoon as she said she noticed he hadn't brought one. When my steak arrived , served by barman , I asked him for a steak knife , he looked at me and said , did you use it for your starter? A steak knife to eat soup!!!!!!!!!!!. The meals were an absolute disaster ,everything seemed to be reheated in microwave and was inedible. The waitress took it away and showed it to Manageress who said we could have one the following night to replace it. Alas , it was just as bad , steak so tough , definitely not sirloin and vegetables were almost raw and definitely supermarket prepacked ones were used , not fresh ones. Breakfast has also gone downhill from our last visit in August last year and I doubt if I would return.
R.Murray

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Ref Customer Feedback
Dear Robert,

As a team, The Oakwood Arm Hotel takes pride in ensuring our customer's satisfaction,unfortunately we did not meet your or our own expectations on the weekend of your stay. Upon a thorough review of the situation, the General Manager, has spoken to both the, head chef & bar manager, Richa who you meet during your .We have to accept complete responsibility for the issues raised.

Once again that you for understanding

Co.Clare
Tel. 061 719 236
Mobile. 086 3747 576

Email sales@oakwoodarms.com
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shannon
Park Inn by Radisson Shannon Airport
#2 of 2 in Newmarket-on-Fergus
Dromoland Castle Hotel
Dromoland Castle Hotel
#1 of 2 in Newmarket-on-Fergus

Been to The Oakwood Hotel? Share your experiences!