“Great place!”

Shannon Springs Hotel
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Shannon
Reviewed 19 August 2013

Myself and my boyfriend have just come back from a weekend here on a "dealrush" voucher for 2 nights B&b with dinner on one night. Having stayed in a different hotel on a dealrush voucher we weren't expecting much, just somwhere to sleep. But this place surprised us!! Its a great place, fresh and clean and nicely decorated. Room was spacious and bathroom was nice.

The best thing about this place was the receptionist. I can not praise her enough for her help. With our voucher we were to have a free two course meal on one night in the chinese resturant. This was a bit of a disaster. We sat down and were about to order, when the waiter informed us that they changed the deal and we now get a €10 discount each instead of a free meal. Wait what now??!! You can't change a deal!! We were astonished at this and we voiced our frustration. We were simply told there was an argument between the hotel and the resturant and to talk to the hotel about it. So we did! And we thought we were going to hit a wall there too, but as soon as we informed the receptionist, she too was furiated. she promtly told us that its sorted and not to worry about it. Lovely woman! By the way - the dinner wasn't great. I wouldn't reccomment it.

Breakfast in the morning was again in the chinese resturant so we thought it might be a bit awkward, but it wasn't. The breakfast was a way better standard than the dinner.

As for location, it was great. We visited bunratty castle, and then the next day explored the burren.

Would reccomend this hotel to anyone - just maybe eat somewhere else for dinner. I reccommend Zest bistro :)

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nature_geek_89

Reviewed 18 August 2013 via mobile

Stayed here several times over the past few years. The rooms are clean and tidy. No fridge. Dispute being in rooms above the bar I have not found it too noisy. Can not comment on breakfast as allways had mine at work.
The bar is a great place to meet all sorts of folk. Very friendly people. The staff never seem to have an off day and are always cheerfull. Plenty of parking and the bus/coach stops right outside, so great for transport links. James gill

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed 17 August 2013

After our flight home was cancelled recently, the airline put us up at the Shannon Court Hotel. I didn't expect much because (a) hotels near airports can be iffy and the airline had 500 of us to put up at a variety of hotels. To my surprise, the hotel was very good. The rooms were a good size and the bathroom was very welcoming after 10 hours in the airport. Everything was spotlessly clean. The hotel had a small-ish pub which was used by locals as well as those staying in the hotel and a Chinese restaurant. I had the Mongolian Lamb and it was excellent. What made the stay so pleasant was the staff and in particular the receptionist. She was friendly and very helpful. Since the hotel was fully booked on what would be our second night, she took it upon herself to begin searching for accommodations for her guests. The airline put us up the second night based on her findings. I don't know what would have happened if she hadn't gone the extra mile for us. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank dkflatley
Reviewed 15 August 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights with a group of cyclists on a charity bike ride . The hotel is good value, rooms are a good size, clean bathrooms, with good facilities for a hotel this size. The staff were welcoming, friendly, and gave 5 star service. It was my first visit to Ireland and they were extremely helpful in giving directions, faxing and calling taxis. When they heard we were cycling for charity they went even further to assist, giving helpful tips and suggestions, filling water bottles, etc. We were extremely grateful for their thoughtfulness and consideration.
The chinese restaurant at the hotel is also good value and very welcome as other options in Shannon are fairly limited.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 August 2013

I stayed at this hotel with my husband, Mum and Dad for one night after a late evening flight. I was dreading it a little, as I am very fussy about hotels, and options near airports can be variable, to say the least!

However, I found the reception staff to be very friendly, even though it was nearly midnight when we arrived.The hotel had a welcoming, cosy entrance and made a good first impression.

The rooms were very clean. I know this because I make a habit of always inspecting everything thoroughly before I settle down for the night! The rooms were also surprisingly spacious. The decor was simple but pleasant. My parents were pleased with their room, too.

We all slept very comfortably and had a good breakfast in a peaceful breakfast room the following morning. I really can't fault the hotel at all: it does everything you need it to for a night's stay. I would recommend it for visitors flying into Shannon.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank EConacher
Reviewed 3 August 2013

We stayed in this very welcoming and friendly hotel for three nights. Although the rating is three stars the service is five star. We all felt very much at home there. Three of our group of five were from Melbourne, including an eleven year old girl They loved the place and remarked on the helpfulness of the staff, especially Cathy the breakfast waitress who was not only the most attentive we have met but was great fun too - a tonic in the morning that set us up for the day.
Thanks to all.
We highly recommend this hotel and rate it highly among the hundreds we have stayed in worldwide. It is also great value for money.
Larry and Ann Warren.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Larry W
Reviewed 2 August 2013

This was an excellent choice as a place to stay before flying out of Shannon. We had a large family room with large double bed and large single bed. Bathroom with shower, very clean. Work space and coffee/tea etc. All clean. We ate a fab meal in the bar area but it was prepared by the onsite Chinese and was great value - no need to leave the hotel for the evening food or drinks. The bar area is massive with loads of seating or you could pay a bit more and go in the restaurant. Excellent value for money. Would use again. Taxi fare was 10 euros plus a tip from airport.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank suemari
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shannon
The Oakwood Hotel
#1 of 9 in Ennis
Bunratty Manor Hotel
Bunratty Manor Hotel
#1 of 2 in Bunratty

Been to Shannon Springs Hotel? Share your experiences!