“Ok for a night..”

Shannon Springs Hotel
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Shannon
Reviewed 27 June 2014

I had a funeral to attend in Shannon and the Shannon Court Hotel was the only hotel out of the two in Shannon that had availability.

We had booked two nights as we had a 6 hour drive between there and home.

They call Shannon the youngest town in Ireland having been built in the 1970's, well this hotel must also have been built then and not much seems to have changed.

On checking in the receptionist appeared embarrassed to inform us that the hotel restaurant was in fact a Chinese and was really nothing to do with the hotel. She did tell us there were a few nice bars and restaurants a short walk away. The Chinese restaurant also provide breakfast which we opted to give a miss to.

The room was reasonably spacious with a double and single bed. It was all quite dated with no 'mod cons'. There was a kettle and tea making facilities but no hair dryer, iron or toiletries. The bath towels were thin and very small barely wrapping around me and I'm not a big person! Trying to get the temperature in the shower to a consistent heat is an adventure on its own! There was free wifi though which I was pleasantly surprised with. The room was very clean. On the first night I put out the do not disturb sign which the housekeepers abide by and didn't knock the door they just left a plastic bag with two towels against the door the next morning. Unfortunately the two ladies cleaning the room next door having a blazing row did disturb us!

The hotel bar was nice with a good choice of drinks they served bar food but it also came from the Chinese restaurant! The night porter was very accommodating serving drinks to residents after hours.

We decided not to stay for the second night and headed up to Dublin to break up our journey home.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Brads1972

Reviewed 7 May 2014

Stayed over night as up early for the Airport , wake up call and taxi no problem for the reception staff , clean comfy room and beds , paid on arrival so check out was easy , the night Porter Ciaron was on reception lovely guy nice way to leave at 5 am thanku for a nice stay

• Stayed: May 2014
3  Thank Aston1979
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Had an overnight before a flight to the States and was very pleasantly surprised. Beautiful wood in the hotel, decorated very nicely, and full of aeronautical photos and memorabilia.
Regular dinning room was closed due to Easter Holiday but the pub food in the bar was very good and service was quick and friendly.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Jim H
Reviewed 23 April 2014

The hotel itself was lovely, the room was wonderful, the staff was nice, but the food in the onsite restaurant was just horrible. There is a Chinese restaurant inside the hotel, and being that we had no car to find food elsewhere we settled in for dinner there. It was terrible, just terrible. The service was good, but the food was not. The next day, thinking we'd find something elsewhere but didn't we went to the Pub that is in the hotel for food. Unfortunately, you had to order your food through the chinese place next door! Seemed strange to us, but giving them one more chance, and hoping for a different outcome we ordered the pub grub from the menu. My mother's fish and chips was terrible and the hamburger that I ordered was undercooked and after only taking a few bites made me sick almost all night.
While I would recommend the hotel itself, but if you're hungry try the vending machine in the hallway or call for a cab into Limerick.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank JessicaLee2990
Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

Simply, this is a nice, less expensive option near Shannon Airport. It's across from the "airplane museum" if that helps! The TripAdvisor map puts it IN the airport which its not.

The rooms are spacious and clean. I was near a very squeaky hall door, which should be addressed, but it didn't wake me, just incredibly loud when I was awake. I believe I was lucky no one woke before me!

The restaurant was Chinese so I ate elsewhere but when I went to the pub for a pint (cheaper guinness than at my local pub in County Kerry) I looked at the menu. They did have options that I would have gotten (samosas, curry) and I don't like Chinese food! I'd try it next time.

I ended up meeting very nice locals in the pub/bar and a round of songs broke out. It was a great place for my last night in Ireland!

I'd stay here again.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Vagabond-Sue
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Stayed here overnight as I had an early flight from Shannon next morning and I must say I was nicely surprised by the value for money.Payed 49 Euro fro a room that had a twin and single bed without Breakfast as we were leaving early .The receptionist was very friendltty and polite and helpful and the room was fine.We did not eat in the restauarnt but it looked clean and smart.There is also a nice bar in the hotel.Would have no hesitations staying here again

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank DublinFrank_01
Reviewed 13 April 2014

On looking for quality and affordable hotel near Shannon, I decided to give the Shannon Court a try.a local taxi driver spoke well of the place and it did not disappoint. The rooms are clean, well serviced and appointed, and to a very good standard. They are not equipped with safe's and the TV's are a little dated. There is a great Chinese Restaurant on site , though any alcohol consumed within has to be purchased from the hotel bar. The bar has two sections a lounge and a lively sports bar which was well supported by locals out for a weekend drink. All staff were helpful friendly and polite. Breakfast was available for under 8 Euro and the accommodation provided was excellent value for money. I have often paid more than double the price for comparable accommodation in other town's in the west of Ireland. I felt this hotel offered excellent service and value for money.

Room Tip: Most of the rooms are in an annexe away from the bar. There is no interference from plane noise and...