“Worst hotel in Ireland”

Park Inn by Radisson Shannon Airport
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Shannon
Reviewed 14 October 2013

This is a dirty, gross hotel that takes advantage of its location and convenience to the airport! I hope it doesn't alter anyone's view of Irelands standards in hotels !! Please don't stay here - pay the extra $ for a nicer hotel and make your last memory of Ireland the way Ireland truly is - fantastic!
The rooms haven't been upgraded in decades and hasn't been professionally cleaned in years! The carpet is old and dirty and the fixtures, furniture are awful and need desperate upgrading!! For not much money too!! Radisson should be ashamed for putting their name on this hotel and they need their big wigs to go out and investigate it!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank maevesmom
Louise O, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Shannon Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel.

I sincerely wish to apologise for your disappointment with your overall stay. I am delighted to advise that we are currently refurbishing our bedrooms and bathrooms so hopefully you might consider staying with us in the future and see the improvements made.

I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel in the future.

There are newer reviews for Park Inn by Radisson Shannon Airport

Reviewed 9 October 2013

Reluctantly I take a room at an airport hotel. This, in the event, was a good decision. No complaints about the quality of the room; its cleanliness; the courtesy of the staff; or value for money.
OK, so not the ambience of the b&bs you might have been used to on your Ireland tour but you can see the airport from your room and you know you'll be on time for your flight.
If you don't want to eat here, go to Newmarket on Fergus and eat at the Hunters Lodge to enjoy a final Irish experience (the fish and chips is exemplary).

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank shrimper67
Louise O, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Shannon Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel following your recent stay with us.

I was delighted that you had an enjoyable stay with us and enjoyed the convenience of our hotel.

We too offer a very good 'Fish & Chips' which I hope you might try on your next visit.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

Located steps from the airport. Great for early flights as there is little to no public transport from Galway to Shannon to make early flights. Bar food was fine, service was great. Customer service was easy going and relaxed. No problems. Would use agin for the same person, would not bother as a holiday destination.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo

Dear Guest,

I was delighted that you had an enjoyable stay with us and that you found our location to be very convenient for the airport.

I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel when you are travelling from Shannon Airport in the future.

Reviewed 4 October 2013

It was right next to the airport which was good since we had to fly out pretty early. I was thankful for that, as dealing with airports and flights is hard enough. I agree with the others about the no air-conditioning problem. No fans either. I went during the July heat-wave where at least 10 people died in Ireland that week. I was miserable with the heat and nowhere I stayed had air or a fan! I'm surprised I wasn't number 11 dead. My room was clean, but there was a huge light shining right in the window and we couldn't leave the drapes open for air at night with that high-beam light shining in. The desk people were nice. The restaurant was pretty and had good fish. The free coffee in the mornings wasn't left out long enough. It should be available for more than a couple of hours. It was a good hotel to be close to the airport though. I'll stay there again if I am lucky enough to go back to Ireland before flying home.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a tub if you like baths, or you'll most likely get one with only a shower.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Louise O, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Shannon Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a reveiw following your recent stay with us here at the Park Inn by Radisson Shannon Airport.

I was delighted to read that you found the hotel to be of good location, clean and our staff to be nice.

Unfortunately we do not have air conditioning however we do provide fans out to our guests so my apologies if you did not get one.

We really look forward to welcoming you back should you have the oppurtunity to come to Ireland again.

Reviewed 2 October 2013

Last time this hotel was updated it was the day they build it. It is old, no elevator (this is funny, disabled bathroom on second floor but no ramp or elevator). Rooms smell, no A/C. Furniture and carpet so old and warn out that makes it look not clean. Bathroom from the cave age. Two separate hot and cold water, impossible to mix. Restaurant and bar just OK. Internet speed 10mb/sec, maybe. Unless you are desperate do not stop here.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Maurizi01957

I was sincerely disappointed to read your reveiw following your recent stay with us here at the Park Inn by Radisson Shannon Airport.

I would be happy to discuss your stay with us in detail so if you would kindly like to contact me at the following:roisin.mcgee@rezidorparkinn.com

Reviewed 1 October 2013

we stopped 3 nights here probably 2 too many,very dated and dark rooms with no air con.the food at the resturant was poor first night lasangne was dry second night ale and beef cassarole was only warm ,didnt bother third night but 4th night had fish and chips which was really nice!overall the hotel is ok just for 1 night stopover

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Dear Geoffrey,

I was disappointed to read that you found the food in the restaurant to be of poor standard, your comments have been brought back and noted with the team.
We are currently in the process of refurbishing our bathrooms and bedrooms so hopefully you will see these improvements should you stay with us again in the future.

We do hope that we will have the pleasure in welcoming you back with us here at the Park Inn by Radisson

Reviewed 1 October 2013 via mobile

Very basic hotel, rooms are clean but show signs of aging with marks on the walls and ceilings.
No Air conditioning/thermostat in the rooms. The bathroom extraction fans runs CONSTANTLY from 7am to 9 PM, It sounds like a hoover it's that loud.
When I asked at reception, they said this was normal and it would stop at 9 or 9 30.
Food is of a poor quality with the restaurant being more like a canteen than anything else.
The bar is very uncomfortable with threadbare seats some of which are fit for the bin, this is probably the worst Park Inn I've stayed in.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank mac1980

Dear Mac1980,

Thank you for taking the time to post a reveiw here with us at the Park Inn by Radisson Shannon Airport.

I sincerely wish to apologise for your disappinting stay with us. Our bathrooms along with our bedrooms are currently being refurbished so should you stay with us again you will see these improvements.
In relation to the bathroom extract fan this generally only comes on for a limited period of time so this has been addressed with our maintenance to ensure all is running effeciently.

We do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the near future.

Roisin McGee

Also consider these accommodations in or near Shannon
The Oakwood Hotel
Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Limerick
Bunratty Manor Hotel
Bunratty Manor Hotel
#1 of 2 in Bunratty

Been to Park Inn by Radisson Shannon Airport? Share your experiences!