“Tired and sad”

Park Inn by Radisson Shannon Airport
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Shannon
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We booked this room online for the last night of our vacation so we would not take any chance with our flight home . I would rather have slept in the airport .The carpet was filthy and had a huge ragged hole in it .The beds were strangely not aligned with the headboards which were fastened to the wall .There was no bottom sheet on either bed - just a flat sheet covering the mattress pad and a duvet - very strange .The bathroom was grimy looking with dirty grout and what looked like mold around the tub .There was only one reading lamp and the shade was torn on it .The hallway smelled like cigarettes - maybe the smell was in the carpet . All in all , not great . We didn't complain to anybody - just too tired and the hotel was filled with coach passengers .Not worth the hassle but really disappointing all around .

1  Thank srqgirl123
Louise O, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Shannon Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of our hotel.

I sincerely wish to apologise for your disappointing stay.

We are currently in the process of an extensive refurbishment of our hotel so hopefully you will stay with us in the future when you will have a very positive experience.

Louise O'Hara

Write a ReviewReviews (1,122)

Reviewed 29 May 2014

By no means the best hotel I've stayed,but I didn't book here for that. We opted for the Stay & Park Deal and it proved to be an excellent hassle free way of doing things.

Our room was clean and bright, the bathroom wasn't great,small an old fashioned and a little dark.

Beds were comfy.

The food in the bar whiles not particularly fancy was good. Decent portions and not badly priced. My Chicken curry was delish and tasted very authentic.

All staff from reception to bar & resteraunt were friendly and welcoming.

There was a couple little issues such as us booking a triple room but on enought tea/coffee and cups for two people. Reception sorted this out to be fair, but a little note attention to detail would have been preferred.

WIFI was available in the room but it was only 0.5 MB, you need to purchase additional WIFI if you want/need more speed, C'mon, why so stingy?I bought a pint in the bar and although the glass was clean it wasn't clean enough, having working in bars for years that is a particular pet peeve of mine which someone else mightn't notice, it effected the quality of my pint. The head didn't lace on the glass and the pint lost its head after a while!

Overall though I was happy, I would never ever stay here unless I'm flying. The next time I fly from Shannon I will be staying again.

Thanks folks!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank ArraMusha

Dear Guest,

I have taken your points on board and I will address these with the team.

We are currently changing our wi-fi service provider so next time you will see the improvements in the service.

I was delighted that you enjoyed your curry and found our staff members to be friendly.

We look forward to welcoming you back next time you are using Shannon Airport.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

It’s almost funny how close this hotel is to the airport. The walk to the airport from the hotel is about 3 minutes, closer than parking in a shopping mall! I dropped off my rental car, walked across the lot to the hotel. The next morning I walked across the same lot to the airport. It’s so small that there is no need for shuttles. Rooms were comfortable, quiet, and clean. WiFi was strong. There is a bar which serves food, and I had a surprisingly good pizza! Unfortunately you’ll have to deal with the loud noises from the TV in the bar. There is a real restaurant in the next room, but it was not available to me due to a large function going on. For the night before a flight, this place suits just fine. Registration staff and restaurant staff were just super!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your 5* review following your recent stay with us.

I was delighted to read your comments. It is always great to read reviews regarding the friendliness of our staff.

As you mentioned we are just a stones throw from the airport which makes it very easy on the morning of a departing flight.

I sincerely hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back when your travels take you back to the Shannon area.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

My husband and I had an early flight out of Shannon so we decided to stay at the Park Inn by Radisson even though the reviews for the hotel were pretty poor.

I have to say we didn't have any issues at all. It certainly wasn't a luxury hotel, but it was clean, quiet (except for the airplanes taking off of course!), and the front desk reception was helpful. We also enjoyed the bar. The selection of alcohol was good, and the bartender was very friendly. I was pleased that they had a workout room, although I didn't have time to take advantage of it.

And it's literally a two minute walk to the terminal... how can you beat that?

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your reveiew of our hotel.

I was delighted to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us and that you found our team members to be friendly.

I hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back again in the future.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

The hotel is very convenient. Easy walking distance to the Shannon Airport and Car Rental Returns. However, the facility needs an investment. The beds were uncomfortable. The restaurant was closed for a private party which made eating dinner very inconvenient.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Park Inn by Radisson Hotels
1  Thank Walt L

Dear Guest,

I was sorry to read that you were disappointed with your stay however I am delighted to advise that we are currently in the process of refurbishing our hotel.

I hope that you will stay with us in the future when you will have the opportunity of experiencing our new rooms and public areas.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

The biggest pro for this hotel is really the location! You can't beat being this close to the airport terminal. Having said that I also would like to describe the hotel itself. Room was not large but big enough for one night stay. There were two beds, double and single, the room was clean, bed linens were clean as well and so was the bathroom. There was a very tiny tv set, an office table, chairs, a sizable wardrobe, coffee/tea making machine, a hair dryer ( which was a plus for me). Surprisingly enough it wasn't as noisy as I would have expected being this close to the airport. Maybe it is due to the fact that Shannon airport is really a small one so not that much traffic. Thus, we had a good night sleep before catching the early flight back home. Before bed time we went to the hotel bar and that scene was quite enjoyable with other fellow travelers talking and enjoying a slowing down before a flight the next day. This hotel doesn't include breakfast in the room rate which is good. We had to leave early, way before the restaurant was even open, so couldn't really have enjoyed it. I think that by doing this the hotel is having a fair policy regarding its rates. Check in and check out were smooth, no problem at all and the staff was friendly and professional. It is not a fancy hotel but it is better than most hotel near airports we have stayed in. For an early flight out of Shannon this is as convenient as it gets. We will stay here again on our next trip to Ireland.

1  Thank Milepost2012
Louise O, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Shannon Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel following your recent stay with us.

I was delighted that you found our hotel convenient for the airport and that you enjoyed your time in our Blair's Bar.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

Great value - walking distance from the airport! Doesn't get better than that! Check bathroom in case you need to change - which was no problem at all. Friendly staff, attentive and there to please guests! Will stay again in 2017. Stayed 14 years ago and again earlier this week, nice way to end a journey home. Breakfast grab and go nice touch for early flight.

Review collected in partnership with Park Inn by Radisson Hotels
1  Thank Lance W
Louise O, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Shannon Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2014

Dear Lance,

Thank you for your lovely 5* review following your recent stay with us.

I was delighted that you had a pleasant stay with us and that you found our staff members to be friendly.

I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the future.

Louise O'Hara

Also consider these accommodations in or near Shannon
The Oakwood Hotel
The Inn at Dromoland
The Inn at Dromoland
#2 of 2 in Newmarket-on-Fergus
Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Limerick

Been to Park Inn by Radisson Shannon Airport? Share your experiences!