“Park Inn Radison at Shannon, Ireland”

Park Inn by Radisson Shannon Airport
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Shannon
“Park Inn Radison at Shannon, Ireland”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

Excellent choice for staying literally next door to the Shannon Airport terminal. Staff at the hotel was wonderful - friendly and efficient. Rooms clean and well equipped. Only negative was we needed the window open for air, which let the noise in.

Review collected in partnership with Park Inn by Radisson Hotels

Louise O, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Shannon Airport, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your glowing 5* review.

I was delighted that you had an enjoyable stay with us and found our staff members to be friendly and efficient.

I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the future.

Louise O'Hara

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
florida, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

Great place to stay on the last night of your journey. Price is reasonable and rooms are quite nice. The food is not bad for a quick bite and the pub has a nice relaxing atmosphere. Internet works great . There are nice sitting area's thru-out the hotel for sitting and reading. The best part great staff and a short walk to the terminal.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel following your recent stay with us.

I was delighted that you had an enjoyable stay and I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

We are a family of six who stayed at this hotel when we arrived in Ireland and the night before we left. Everything was perfect for our stay. The price and location are why we chose it but we were very satisfied with the rooms, the staff, the restaurants. We would definitely stay here again.

Review collected in partnership with Park Inn by Radisson Hotels

Louise O, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Shannon Airport, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your glowing 5 star review of our hotel.

I was delighted that you had an enjoyable stay with us and that you were delighted with your room, our team, restaurants and our location.

I sincerely hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the future.

Little Rock, Arkansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

Stayed for a second time at this hotel.Our check in was smooth and our clerk friendly, even though she had been almost overwhelmed by the check in prior to ours. She kept her cool with the group of elderly, demanding, rude customers. Our room was good with new carpet and drapes since last time. Sheets were crisp and clean and the sleep was good. We were on the first floor which was convenient to the bar and restaurant. We had a delicious pizza in the bar and a great breakfast in the restaurant. I always check the glasses for "previous use." I did find faint lip prints on one glass. I have found this happens in a lot of hotels. This hotel is across the parking lot for Shannon Airport. All in all, I would certainly stay again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank arkitkat
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel.

I was delighted that you had an enjoyable stay with us and that you liked our renovated bedroom.

Athol, Idaho
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

Easy to get to and from the airport for flights and rental car return/drop off. The room was nice and large. We faced the highway into the airport, but never heard traffic. I wasn't crazy about the dining room. The atmosphere was cold and the waiters slow.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel.

I was delighted that you found our hotel convenient for the airport. I am sorry that the service in our restaurant was below par and I will addess this with the team here today.

Winter Haven, Florida, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

Well appointed, full bar and dining room. It doesn't have air-conditioning but they did bring us a fan and that was quiet adequate for the night. We chose to stay here because the following day we flew back home from Shannon Airport. The airport is literally a 3 minute WALK to the main door. So return your rental car at Shannon airport, check into this hotel, collect yourself for the flight home in the morning. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: I believe that all the rooms are pretty much the same.... One nice thing was that the property is s...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel.

I was delighted that you had an enjoyable stay with us and I hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back again in the future.

London, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

You can't beat the location (3 min walk from SNN terminal), the common areas are charming, rooms are tidy and reasonably well appointed for an airport hotel, but I'm afraid my experience has left me cold. I do think time dulls all moderate hotel stays, so I would probably book this hotel again a year from now, but for the moment, I'm not sure I'd recommend it unless you're flying out early.

I checked it at 4pm, headed to the gym (there's not much else to do unless you go into Shannon town) to find the treadmill and stair climber in need of oil or belt change. Both creak and groan (unfortunately not due to the weight of the user!). I asked for a room service menu on my way to and from the gym, as there was none in my room.

Back in my room I ordered room service. The food was delivered promptly and was tasty. I signed the bill, locked the door, ready to settle in for the evening.

Then the phone rang: because they didn't have a swipe from my credit card, I had to pay for the dinner, so the caller could "close his cash" for the evening. I do recall asking when I checked in if they needed my credit card, and was told no, as the room was prepaid (through a third-party booking service) it was fine. I wasn't half-finished eating when there was a knock on the door. I was informed the credit card machine wouldn't work this far from reception, I would have to come down. I ended up back at the reception a few minutes later... which seems to defeat the purpose of a leisurely room service--and certainly defeats the EUR4 tray charge.

Thankfully, meetings were at 11am, so I was looking forward to a (rare) leisurely start to my next morning. But as I got out of bed and plugged in my electronics, none of the room plugs seemed to be working. I tried all of them, flipped switches, to no avail. Fifteen minutes after a first call to ask for someone to check the fuse (the lights were all on, so obviously it was a breaker problem) the housekeeper arrived--and attempted to plug in the kettle. (I do understand the UK/Irish instinct with foreigners to flip the plug switches first, but really?) The "maintenance" wasn't available for another hour. I called the reception again. Eventually, nearly an hour after the first call, there was a knock at the door. A neighboring room had plugged an "American shaver" into the bathroom socket and blown a fuse.

Unfortunate coincidences? I hope so. The staff are courteous and genuine and at checkout, offered to not charge me for dinner for all my troubles.

I wish future guests better luck.

Room Tip: Highway side is a bit noisy, with fairly constant traffic--not able to leave the window open. Very...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Louise O, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Shannon Airport, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Dear Guest,

I sincerely wish to apologise for the issues you encountered during your stay and I will address them with the team here today.

We are currently renovating our hotel which also includes new equipment for our gym so hopefully you will be back to see the improvements next year.

I was glad to hear that you found our staff members to be courteous and genuine and our reception staff tried to make amends before your departure.

I sincerely hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again next year.

Louise O'Hara
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shannon
The Oakwood Hotel
The Old Ground
The Old Ground
#1 of 9 in Ennis
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,478 reviews

Been to Park Inn by Radisson Shannon Airport? Share your experiences!