“Restless night”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Shannon
Florida
“Restless night”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

We stayed at this location because we had an early morning flight and no car. The location is excellent especially if you are returning your rental car with no means of transportation. You can walk straight to the airport. Everyone at the hotel was nice and friendly. We had dinner in the bar and it was quite good. I was surprised with the food selection. As for the room it was dark and dated. It had a musty odor to it and it was a non smoking room. The window opened and had no screen this made me feel uncomfortable and insecure. It was very warm that night and no air condition and afraid to leave the window open on the ground floor. The proximity to the airport and not a lot of noise was another surprise. The beds were a serious problem. One was a single and the other was a double that sagged so bad in the middle that one could get lost. The mattress must have been filled with straw because it was lumpy and incredibly uncomfortable. Very little sleep and an early flight left me feeling grumpy. A complimentary quick breakfast of coffee and a pastry was available for early risers. The price was average. It comes down to location with an early flight and no other options.

Room Tip: Do not choose a ground floor room if you want fresh air and ventilation.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AineFlorida
Louise O, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Shannon Airport, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Dear Guest,

I sincerely wish to apologise that you had a restless last night with us.

We are currently renovating our bedrooms and bathrooms so hopefully you will return in the future and see the improvements made.

I was glad to read that you found our hotel conveniently located for the airport and that you found our staff members to be friendly.

I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel in the future.

Louise O'Hara

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
St Louis, MO
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

Only booked this room due to airport proximity. Room was standard, a bit shabby/worn but not unlike many hotels I have stayed in before. Ordered a late dinner at the bar and the food was good, beer cold. We were able to get on earlier flight the next morning so didn't have time to eat the breakfast--was included in our room price. We left in quite a hurry to get an earlier flight and accidentally left the camera battery charger plugged in the room. When I emailed the hotel the next day, explaining I would pay for shipping, gave my address, room number, and described the charger with battery (Vivitar) I never got a response. I am sure it is common for people to leave items and thought I would at least get a "I am sorry we weren't able to recover your item" reply via email. I am wondering if that is too much to expect? Wonder what others have experienced with left items? I would stay again if ever needing to return to Shannon Airport. The staff we interacted with were friendly and had no other issues.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I sincerely wish to apologise for the fact that you received no response to your email regarding the misplacement of your camera battery charger. I will follow up with our Housekeeping department today and ensure you get a response.

We are currently renovating our hotel and I hope that you will return in the future to see the improvements made.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

Excellent choice for staying literally next door to the Shannon Airport terminal. Staff at the hotel was wonderful - friendly and efficient. Rooms clean and well equipped. Only negative was we needed the window open for air, which let the noise in.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your glowing 5* review.

I was delighted that you had an enjoyable stay with us and found our staff members to be friendly and efficient.

I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the future.

florida, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

Great place to stay on the last night of your journey. Price is reasonable and rooms are quite nice. The food is not bad for a quick bite and the pub has a nice relaxing atmosphere. Internet works great . There are nice sitting area's thru-out the hotel for sitting and reading. The best part great staff and a short walk to the terminal.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel following your recent stay with us.

I was delighted that you had an enjoyable stay and I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

We are a family of six who stayed at this hotel when we arrived in Ireland and the night before we left. Everything was perfect for our stay. The price and location are why we chose it but we were very satisfied with the rooms, the staff, the restaurants. We would definitely stay here again.

Review collected in partnership with Park Inn by Radisson Hotels

Louise O, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Shannon Airport, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your glowing 5 star review of our hotel.

I was delighted that you had an enjoyable stay with us and that you were delighted with your room, our team, restaurants and our location.

I sincerely hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the future.

Little Rock, Arkansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

Stayed for a second time at this hotel.Our check in was smooth and our clerk friendly, even though she had been almost overwhelmed by the check in prior to ours. She kept her cool with the group of elderly, demanding, rude customers. Our room was good with new carpet and drapes since last time. Sheets were crisp and clean and the sleep was good. We were on the first floor which was convenient to the bar and restaurant. We had a delicious pizza in the bar and a great breakfast in the restaurant. I always check the glasses for "previous use." I did find faint lip prints on one glass. I have found this happens in a lot of hotels. This hotel is across the parking lot for Shannon Airport. All in all, I would certainly stay again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank arkitkat
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel.

I was delighted that you had an enjoyable stay with us and that you liked our renovated bedroom.

Athol, Idaho
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

Easy to get to and from the airport for flights and rental car return/drop off. The room was nice and large. We faced the highway into the airport, but never heard traffic. I wasn't crazy about the dining room. The atmosphere was cold and the waiters slow.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel.

I was delighted that you found our hotel convenient for the airport. I am sorry that the service in our restaurant was below par and I will addess this with the team here today.

Louise O'Hara
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shannon
The Oakwood Hotel
The Old Ground
The Old Ground
#1 of 9 in Ennis
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,477 reviews

Been to Park Inn by Radisson Shannon Airport? Share your experiences!