“Convenient and confortable”

Park Inn by Radisson Shannon Airport
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Shannon
Reviewed 29 July 2014

A very convenient hotel directly opposite Shannon airport that has a wonderful welcome and very comfortable rooms. Service is very good and the breakfast very nice indeed. Would definitely use again if travelling in late at night.

Review collected in partnership with Park Inn by Radisson Hotels
Louise O, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Shannon Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you sincerely for your review.

I was delighted that you had a very enjoyable stay with us and found the service offered to be good.

We look forward to welcoming you back again when your travels take you back to the Shannon area.

Louise O'Hara

Write a ReviewReviews (1,118)

Reviewed 29 July 2014

Shower bath needed a lot of attention fixtures corroded missing hot cold buttons, Room was overall comfortable and clean. Water smelled and was green in the tub. Dinner was very good as was breakfast other than eggs. Dining room staff and desk staff were great. Bar staff a little slow. Very convenient to airport walking. Computers were a plus. This hotel needed an elevator

Review collected in partnership with Park Inn by Radisson Hotels

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review.

We are currently renovating our bedrooms so hopefully you will see the improvements should you be visiting the Shannon area in the future.

I was delighted that you enjoyed dinner and breakfast and you found our staff members to be great.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

I was flying from LHR to ORD stopping over at Shannon even with the hotel cost worked out cheaper than flying direct. Fortunately I had the time.
This hotel is right out side Shannon airport. Its a short walk away.
Don't do what I and a Scandinavian pilot did. Came out turned left before turning right to the main entrance. You will end up lifting your airport carts up and down kerbs.
Instead walk directly out of the airport to the nearest point on the Radisson Hotel. Its relatively level with sloping ramps. It should be better signed!

The hotel was clean and quiet. The Polish barman called Wojtek, if I spelt his name correctly, really knows his Irish whiskies. I made a request for an unusual drink and that was no problem it appeared within minutes. Nothing was a problem.

I had no issues with the room. I had a good nights sleep. A problem of my making was sorted out in short order for me by the Operational Manager Rosin McGee. All the staff I encountered were very helpful and I would recommend the hotel whether you are staying the one night or more.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review.

I was delighted to read that you found Wojciech and Roisin to be friendly and helpful and they too will be delighted to read your very kind words.

I hope that we will see you back in Shannon in the future.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

We had an overnight stay here on a Saturday night during a trans Atlantic trip.

The hotel is on the airport. We walked across the car park to the hotel, a novel experience!

First impressions were good, staff were excellent, we were early, but our family room was ready. Two double beds, spacious bed room and good ensuite with bath and over bath shower, good shower with red hot water. Free in room WIFI worked great. We upgraded that for five euros and it supported four devices no problem.

The restaurant was being renovated so only the bar was serving food. The food was from a limited menu & I thought a little over priced with not much for young and perhaps picky children, but was well presented and certainly looked good. By comparison the bar's drink prices were competitive and the bottle of Australian red was a good deal.

All in all, the hotel was very good as were the staff and we got a good deal via the 'net. However, it is in the middle of nowhere. There is nothing nearby, nothing. Just the airport. Okay if you're overnighting, but if you've got the best part part of 24 hours to kill, as we did, you'll need to plan ahead.

We hired a car from on site car hire and ventured to Limerick, about 12 miles away, for some mooching about and eating.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a lovely review following your recent stay with us.

I was delighted that you enjoyed your stay and I certainly hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the future.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Despite seeing poor reviews on here, myself and family decided to book as we were arriving late in from flight to Shannon. Checkin was smooth, it was late so we grabbed a drink in the bar, great atmosphere during World Cup match. Room was lovely clean family room, everything we needed for good night sleep. Breakfast in the morning was fab, fresh and tasty better again than had been expecting and lovely attentive service too. Check out was easy and the staff are helpful with local knowledge. Very convenient for airport. Would recommend.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review.

I was delighted that you had an enjoyable stay with us and I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the future.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

We stayed here for just one night arriving late from a flight . We were able to sit comfortably in the bar and catch up with a relative who had arrived on a flight from London.
It was great to be able to walk to the hotel in just a couple of minutes from the airport .
The rooms were large and very clean .Yes,they are a bit dated but all perfectly clean and the hotel is in the renovation process .
Breakfast was very good with a good choice of hot and cold food and plenty of freshly made coffee served.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel.

I was delighted that you found our hotel to be clean and that you enjoyed our breakfast offering.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

I do not expect or need much, staying at the airport hotel. Unfortunately, the impression this one made on me was not neutral but negative.
The room seemed untidy. Soon I found out that there was a TV cable missing, the pen on the desk had no ink cartridge at all and out of 3 bedside lamps, 2 were not working. Little details but if they weren't an important part of a hotel experience, they wouldn't be there in the first place.
The worst thing was that the carpet smelled very strongly of urine. Couldn't air the room enough.
On the bright side, the reception personnel was very friendly and helpful. But this is Ireland, after all :)
The over-all impression is that making an effort for guests who only stay for 1 night (and have no other option, as this is the only airport hotel in Shannon) makes little sense to the hotel management.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kat K
Louise O, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Shannon Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting a review following your recent stay with us.

I was very disappointed to read your review and I have discussed your points with our House Keeping Manager today.

There is no excuse for the issues you encountered.

We certainly do make an effort to provide a high standard for all of our guests however we did not succeed on this occasion and for this I sincerely wish to apologise.

We are currently renovating our hotel so I hope that you might afford us the opportunity to make amends should your travels take you back to the Shannon area.

Louise O'Hara

Also consider these accommodations in or near Shannon
The Oakwood Hotel
The Inn at Dromoland
The Inn at Dromoland
#2 of 2 in Newmarket-on-Fergus
Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Limerick

Been to Park Inn by Radisson Shannon Airport? Share your experiences!