“Very good B&B with charming hosts"”
Review of Tailors Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Castleisland
Tailors Lodge
Ranked #2 of 4 Castleisland B&B and Inns
Reviewed 7 September 2011

We liked it very much, staying in Tailors Lodge, during our trip through ireland. Rooms were very good and breakfast also fabulos. We got good suggestions to visits and for good restaurants and our hosts were very familiar to us, so we felt they are really interessted to welcome guests with friendship. A really good adress if you want to start trips to Dingle or Ring of Kerry.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank weinstock

Reviewed 26 July 2011

Definitely the place to stay if you are looking for a warm friendly welcome and a cosy room. perfect for anyone to stay who would really like to feel at home. There is a great choice in the breakfast menu and everything just as tasty as the last. The owner Breda is such a lovely lady and welcomes you with a warm smile and lovely conversation. we have been there a few times no and will definitely go back. I know this might sound to enthusiastic but its my genuine thoughts on the place. Kathy and Karl

Room Tip: we have stayed in two different rooms but both were just perfect.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KathyandKarl_11
Reviewed 15 July 2011

We stayed here for a family visit in July. The place is immaculately clean. Everything looks brand new. The furnishings and decor are gorgeous. Beautiful views of the fields and mountains, especially in the upstairs sitting room.
Amazing, delicious breakfasts served daily. The full Irish breakfast was heavenly and cooked to perfection. Lighter, healthier items are available, too.
The site is really very quiet so we had many great nights of sleep. The free Wi-fi was extremely convenient.
Breda and James were so welcoming, friendly and helpful. Breda gave us touring tips and directions whenever we asked. I could have spent all day chatting with her!
We took the two adjacent rooms on the first floor since my son is a wheelchair user. We found the rooms very accommodating for someone with limited mobility (e.g. level thresholds and a hand held shower head).
We had relatives come to visit us and spent a fine afternoon in the beautifully decorated sitting room on the second floor.
Tailors lodge is the best representation of true Irish hospitality. It was really sad when we had to leave.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank patsarah
Reviewed 15 July 2011

Great base to tour the Ring of Kerry, Dingle Penisula, and Kilarney area. The Sullivan's are first class hosts and wonderful down home people. Excellent breakfasts and service! Highly recommend it. Castleisland is a lovely small town of 3000 people, away from the hustle and bustle of being closer to Kilarney. Easy access to do day touring the Kerry area in all directions. Quiet, country atmosphere but close enough we walked to town in the evening. Tailor's Lodge was everything the 4 of us expected & more! If my discerning wife and 2 adult daughters rated it a 5-star experience for all 4 nights we stayed there, it can't get any better!
We'd go back in a heart beat!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 January 2011

This Is the third or forth time I went to Tailors Lodge over the years & Colm Fitz in the review before me describes it perfectly. When I got near Castle Island I gave Breda a call using a Business card I had from here for 10 years now. She had a room available for me that was toasty warm which is rare for the west coast of Ireland. Breda's rooms are very modern & spacious. I always know my time will be pleasant in Castle Island If I am Tailors Lodge. Tailors Lodge is is everything you want experiance in Ireland and more. Real Irish people, with real Irish heritage & culture behind them.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 October 2010

I had to do a quick trip to Kerry and needed somewhere to stay very quickly, I called a few places but Mrs Sullivan from Tailors Lodge was the only one who provided a mobile and took my booking on the spot. She was extremely helpful and accommodating even though i was going to be arriving late.

When I arrived she opened the door to the warmest welcome I think I have ever got! A true Irish Welcome, anyone from Abroad would be pretty bowled over I think. She was so nice and friendly and helpful, it was really great. She showed me up to my room which was HUGE and very comfortable, the shower was fantastic and it even had free Wifi!

She was extremly helpful the next day in giving me directions as to where I was going - my short stay there would make me want to take more short trips within ireland.

If you are going to be staying in Castleisland, there really is only one place to stay. Thanks Mrs S!
Colin

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled solo
3  Thank ColinFitz
Reviewed 30 March 2010

I can't say enough about this place. This was more layed out like a hotel but with a B&B feel. After spending two nights in another B&B it was wonderful to have an actually shower! They have power showers here and you have to watch because you can actually overflow the bottom of the shower because the pressure is that strong. Free wi-fi was GREAT! The lady who runs this place was more than welcoming and friendly. She did chat with us off and on while we stayed but not as much as the other B&B we stayed at since this seemed more ran like a hotel and layed out like a hotel. Breakfast in the morning was one of the best we had but no fresh scones. It was a great location for the Ring of Kerry area. If you like to have more of your own space but still chat with other guests and have a homey feel this was an excellent place. I would recommend this to anyone! Plus the room was good size. Had a double bed plus twin.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple