“Gerards for gourmet dining!”
Review of Chef Gerard

Chef Gerard
Ranked #2 of 15 Restaurants in Castleisland
Price range: US$5 - US$24
Cuisines: European, Irish
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Cafe, Deli providing freshly prepared meals and snacks from locally sourced produce.
Reviewed 29 April 2013

We were greeted by Betty with her usual cheery manner, makes for a great start. As we perused the menu a chilled bottle of water arrived, without requesting it, i do feel this should be the norm in all restaurants, then some delicious warm health bread litterly straight from the oven, again a plus!The menu is split between a 2 course/ 3 course set menu and an a la carte which includes some specials of the night. This time we opted for the specials, i ordered the smoked salmon with potato rosti followed by the rack of lamb while my husband went with the Dingle Bay crab claws, prawns and tagliatelli followed by the duck with sweet potato mash. A little glitch, no smoked salmon so i settled for the 5 mile town goats cheese, no complaints delicious creamy cheese in a crisp shell. Our mains were every bit as tasty and cooked perfectly to order, a rare occurance in many restaurants. Our accompaning bottle of chilled crisp Ta Moko sav blanc kept our palates satisfied. We shared a dessert of homemade icecreams. When we requested the bill Betty informed me chef Gerard thought my rack of lamb was a little on the small side so i was only charged the 3 course rate, a lovely touch and appreciated!!

Reviewed 1 April 2013

I was home for a break at Easter and had a wonderful meal in Gerard's. Its a fantastic restaurant with great decor, warm friendly service and a wonderful menu. Seafood features heavily and I was very impressed with Dingle Bay prawns, crab claws and a wonderful pan roast salmon. The tarte tatin was a standout amongst great deserts. It's brilliant to have a fine dinng option in Castleisland and I'm looking forward to my next visit.

Reviewed 17 March 2013

I ate here on on march 9th 2013 with my parents,my brother and his fiancee.we are from this area but this is definitely the classiest restaurant around.it's an occasion type place.the place is modern and inviting in decor.loved the space at the tables.food was really special.beautiful steaks.veg.luscious desserts.lovely staff.so relaxing.best place around by a mile.totally recommend it for a brilliant night out.

Reviewed 15 March 2013

I have no faults with the food I ate here it was excellent especially the dessert of course. The service was also excellent it is a welcomed new business to Castleisland.

Reviewed 2 March 2013

We were dining following the family confirmation. It was a mostly adults or nearly, and the confirmee. Service was excellent, I had the beef carpaccio starter with a black olive tapenade and it was delicious. Most of the men at the table went for the steak, but I went for the port stuffed with black pepper – a wonderful variation on the stuffed pork standard.
All the steaks were cooked to perfection – if you asked for rare, it was rare (none of this irish cooking at least one step beyond what you asked for).
The desserts were split between the chocolate pudding and tart tatin crowd. The tart was excellent, but there were grumblings about missing chocolate goo in the pudding. Regardless of which it was still delicious.