“Excellent food and friendly attentive service in a stunning location”

Jacks Coastguard Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 22 Restaurants in Killorglin
Price range: US$5 - US$38
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Jacks Coastguard Restaurant is a landmark building overlooking Rossbeigh and Inch Peninsula in the seaside village of Cromane between Kilorglin & Glenbeigh on the Ring of Kerry route. Nestled against the Atlantic Ocean, enjoy panoramic sea and mountain views in one of Kerrys Top Restaurants recently named Best Seafood Restaurant in Ireland by well respected foodie Georgina Campbell as well as listings with Bridgestone & Michelin Guides. The Station Bar and Coastguard Restaurant successfully combine old world charm with modern elegance.Guests can linger over a drink in the bustling Station Bar or enjoy the soft tones of the piano through the restaurant by our resident pianist JP Murphy. Only the finest and freshest of seafood is used to create dishes that would rival the most discerning of palate. Signature dishes such a Cromane Mussels, Tiger Prawns or perfectly seared Scallops should not be missed. For the unwilling seafood diner, our succulent Fillet of Beef should suffice nicely.
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Had Sunday Lunch at Jack's this week-a well earned treat for the family having tackled the garden.

The food was excellent-Pate and Chowder for starters and cod and prawns for mains with chicken gorgons, chips and mash for my son.

Portions were very generous, food was excellent and my son had two helpings of mash , all of which was delivered with a smile.

Very good value for 3 including wine and drinks came to 60 euro for three.

Highly recommend for food, ambience and service.

1  Thank Mary O
There are newer reviews for Jacks Coastguard Restaurant

Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend brought me to jacks last weekend for my birthday dinner. What a fabulous experience...the food is delicious-the taste of freshness and delicate but perfect seasoning. Jacks knows good food.
What makes jacks so special is the service. The manager is excellent! With a friendly manner he handles the meal with expertise and efficiency...loved loved loved the beautiful view with the sun just beginning to set on the strand, will most definitely be back

1  Thank Nors83
Reviewed 8 May 2014

I have dined at Jack's on many occasions! If it is a quiet, relaxed dining atmosphere you are looking for then you will be delighted with the background music played by JP on piano! The food is top quality and presentation is excellent.Crab meat/Crab claws/Sole and Haddock are always my favourites and I rarely have desert as I am stuffed so I can not comment on this. Many diners enjoy small dishes, where as I enjoy value for money! I ensure you that you will leave hungry from Jacks as the manager Brian ensures that you have enough to eat regarding sides etc and service is prompt! Jacks is also a great place to party after a dinner with something or everyone. If you like to have a private atmosphere away from the music you can find in the main restaurant! Or just move into the public bar and have a few drinks with the friendly locals

1  Thank healy-thomas86
Reviewed 27 April 2014

We ate here on the last night of our honeymoon; it was honestly the best full meal either of us has had.

We had mussels and pork ribs to start, with apple and crabbed stuff fish, finished with amazing creme brûlée. The service was phenomenal and the views are incomparable. They even finished our night off with a congratulatory dessert!

This place is a must visit when travelling through the beautiful west coast of Ireland. Absolute must.

3  Thank Samantha F
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Enjoyed a delicious meal with a business companion on Saturday night. Never been to Jack's before and on a whistle stop tour of Kerry. Wish we could have eaten here all week - fantastic quality food, wonderful atmosphere and just the right balance of helpful, friendly service from our lovely waitress who could not do enough for us.

Couldn't place her accent but reading previous reviews now know she is a Londoner called Diane - the amount of care she put into looking after us led us to believe she owned the business !! Marvellous - will try to get back asap.

4  Thank 186338Grecophile