West's Caravan Park
Priceline
TripAdvisor
Towers Hotel(Glenbeigh)
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 6 November 2013

Went to Kerry for the Puck Fair this summer and stayed in Wests caravan park. Have stayed here before with my family and knew what to expect. This time though I have to admit was a pleasant surprise. We were put in to one of the newer mobiles and it was brilliant. Nice, clean and comfortable. We had a couple of minor problems that were quickly sorted out by the Wests themselves who, throughout our stay were very friendly and helpful. Wests itself is quiet and picturesque and even if you are not there for the Puck fair (which is brilliant), Killorglin is the perfect spot to base yourself in to discover Kerry. Overall Wests was great value for money. We will be going back and would definitely recommend it to others.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Flanothedub
Reviewed 9 July 2013

My family and i have stayed in this mobile park for the last 4 years. There is nothing I could complain about. it is only about a 3minute drive from Killorglin town. It is situated in a beautiful peaceful place, there is a lake at the end of the park, which is safely fenced off and cannot be accessed. The people who run the business couldn't be nicer and are very accommodating and helpful in any way. The mobile homes are clean and warm and contain the essentials, a toilet, a shower with hot running water, cooker, tv, kettle cups, bedclothes etc. The park also has a small park with slides and monkey bars, and a tennis court, where children can play. Residents have access to a toilet and shower and washing machine, so it is also ideal for campers/ camper vans. I would recommend this park for everyone and plan to stay there this August, and I have always enjoyed my stay!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank MgtMMayo
Reviewed 11 May 2013

I was here yesterday I'm glad I didn't listen to some of the reviews, we went to view a mobile home so this is what I saw.Firstly 2 buildings a reception/table tennis/lounge building yes dated but clean and usable and a toliet/washing machine building yes dated but clean.I saw a tennis court yes Vanessa Williams wont be playing on it anytime soon,but it was perfectly usable for non professionals !! Yes i saw the outdoor plastic toddler entertainers ,I'm sure a 2 yr old would be delighted with them.The mountain views are breathtaking and there's a river that flows at the edge of the park that is fenced off with a gate,which i presume is usable and is fenced off for safety.The park is small an seams quite.It is 10ish min drive from Killarney and 3 min drive before Killorglin both places having plenty of everything to stock up on anything you need also both being major places to go see if visiting Kerry .The home we saw wasn't new but was spotlessly clean I had no issue or negative comment to make on it.If you are looking for a quite getaway out of the rat race than I would recommend it.If you are looking for a base were you can visit all things Kerry than West's is a Ideal location.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank charbob_10
Reviewed 18 September 2012

just got back from "west's holiday park", what a lot of moaners,(on this site) wheres you spirit of adventure,at such a low price what did you expect.We are four people in our sixties,yes we took our own bedding,i would have thought that was the the most sensible thing to do.Everything was there crockery,cutlery, pots and pans etc, yes we were asked for a deposit, to make sure we left the caravan clean,which we did and promptly had our deposit returned.there's free electric,gas,water etc. We found it an excellent base for travelling around and in all we did 950 miles over 7 days what a beautiful country and people,and yes the Irish could teach the English about clean and hygienic toilets.

Room Tip: yes the bedding is old and lacking,take your, own easy to flat pack (black bin bag) get vacuum and suck out air.(easy)
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank haylou12
Reviewed 4 September 2012

Having read the other trip advisor reviews, I was unsure what to expect. The park is conveniently situated just 20 mins away from Kerry airport so getting there was quick and easy for us. Although I agree that the park is basic it is in a beautiful, rural part of Ireland that has fabulous views of the mountains and river. The van we were allocated was situated right on the banks of the river with uninterrupted panoramic views. The caravan itself was roomy, adequately furnished, clean and all the appliances functioned properly. We had a problem with the kettle which was replaced immediately.
We met three of the site owners/staff who couldn't do enough for us. As anyone travelling in this part of Ireland would be driving, it's proximity to the nearest town which was a mile or so away, was not a problem.
I am shocked by the negative reviews that this wonderful site has received...the people writing them would obviously be happier in a 4* hotel than on a camping holiday. We are already planning to re-book for a week next summer.

• Stayed: August 2012