“Home away from home.”
Review of Hillview Farmhouse

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Killorglin
Hillview Farmhouse
Ranked #13 of 15 Killorglin B&B and Inns
Spokane Valley, Washington
“Home away from home.”
Reviewed 19 July 2013

Dorothy and Joe greeted us on our arrival with tea and scones. Very quiet location with an incredibly relaxing setting. The hosts made us feel like family friends and that it was not a business, but a sharing of their home. The farm fresh breakfast was amazing and a great start for the Ring of Kerry. Dorothy offered an amazing recommendation for dinner at the Golf Course, with amazing views of the area. This will definitely be on the list next time in Ireland.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank holl5351

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
San Clemente, California
Reviewed 3 September 2012

Dorothy and Joe were the warmest most caring people! When we arrived we were greeted with homemade scones with real cream and butter! They were delicious! Dorothy sat down and chatted with us and we felt like family right away! She said it was milking time and we got to watch the cows being milked. That was quite something for us city folk! Her home was warm and homey with lots of pictures and warmth. Our room was large and the beds were so comfortable with the heavenly comforters. Dorothy had good recommendations for dinner and she even offered to drive us to the local pub that was playing Irish music since we were tired and stay with us! Talk about hospitality! The breakfast the next morning was just what we imagined....fresh milk and cream from their cows and farm fresh eggs from their chickens! Even smoked salmon! Dorothy was delightful and we felt like family from the moment we walked in! Would definitely go back!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Anne_776
Whangarei, New Zealand
Reviewed 30 August 2012

We recently travelled around the southern coast of Ireland. All the B&B's we stayed in made us feel very welcomed and were all great at giving us information. If you plan to do the King of Kerry an excellent base is at the Hillview Farmhouse B&B in Killorglin. We stayed 2 nights with Dorothea & Joe Stephens and thoroughly enjoyed their company and friendly hospitality. Since it is a running dairy farm and we are from a farm, my husband even did a stint in the cowshed milking cows. We'd like to mention the Killorglin Gulf Club where Julie, her husband, and crew provided great evening meals, friendship, and a lovely view while we ate.
Thank you Dorothea & Joe!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Chris D
Bad Fallingbostel, Germany
Reviewed 26 August 2012

It was a lovely stay at Hillview Farm. I stayed there for four days and it was the best of the six B&Bs where I was during my trip around Ireland. I had a spacious double room with a large double bed for single occupancy. It was the room with the view downhill to the Dingle peninsula. Every morning I could watch the cows walking to their meadows. The only thing in the room which can be criticised is the condition of the carpet. It urgently needs a wet cleaning.

After a restful sleep I enjoyed having a shower in the morning with a hand held shower head. Then I got a tasty breakfast with very fresh milk and eggs from the farm.

The first day I arrived much delayed in the evening. But although it was already 10.30 p.m., I got a cup of tea with homemade scones and jam. And every evening when I came back from my excursions I was asked if I would like to have a cup of tea. At my last evening I even got an Irish Coffee!

Sometimes I had a little chat with Dorothea and I got some hints for my day trips. She does her best to make their guests feel at home. If you would like, you get a lot of family contact. If you don’t want, it is ok as well. You are allowed to go on the farm where ever you want.

I recommend this accommodation warmly to everybody.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank heideblume
Warner Robins, Georgia
Reviewed 24 August 2012

Simply the best view of all of our stays in Ireland! This is a real, working, dairy farm, so expect the sights, sounds, and smells accordingly. Since my wife is from a dairy family, this was like old home week for her. That said, it was a joy to stay there, the Stephens were wonderful hosts. Dorothea found out what we liked and actually called the nearby golf course/restaurant and had them make it special for us! By the way, the view of the Dingle peninsula from the golf course is absolutely spectacular. Our vote is that this is the singularly most beautiful golf course in the world.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms with a view downhill to see the Dingle peninsula.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
6 Thank DougF111
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed 12 August 2012

I traveled through Ireland for 2 weeks staying at various B and B's and hotels. The Hillview Farmhouse was my favorite. It was like staying with my favorite aunt and uncle on the farm. This is a 7th generation working farm. The B and B is part of the farmhouse, warmly decorated with pictures and knick knacks from generations. The landscape is peaceful and beautiful. It was the most quiet night of my travels. Dorothea and Joe are friendly and non-pretentious. Dorothea's cooking is outstanding and the farm fresh eggs and milk are the best.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
6 Thank jlg2433
Hannover, Germany
Reviewed 10 August 2012

When we arrived, it didn't meet our expectations, as the interior looked quite old-fashioned and fully cramped with personal belongings. But our host, Dorothea, really loved her job: She had tea and scones ready shortly after our arrival and even later on the evening another pie while we are watching Olympics together with other guests in the living room - great atmosphere! We got some good advices for restaurants and the Dingle Peninsula. This is how B&B should be.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family