“Beautiful B&B and will be back!”
Review of Laune Bridge House

Laune Bridge House
Laune Bridge House
Ranked #6 of 15 Killorglin B&B and Inns
Reviewed 13 March 2013 via mobile

I've stayed at this beautiful B&B on a number of occasions now and have only ever had great experiences. We always receive a warm welcome from Tina, the host. We have always stayed in a beautifully presented double room which looks out on to the River Laune which is a lovely setting for relaxing and catching up on some reading. The living room is spacious and homely with a roaring open fire where we can relax with our tea and coffee. The beds are extremely comfortable and I have always had a good nights rest. There is a choice for breakfast and we usually go for the scrumptious fry up which sets us up for the day. I have always found Tina very approachable and willing to help with any queries we have. Will definitely be returning.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Maverik31

Reviewed 12 February 2013

I recently had the terrible misfortune of stayed in this fridge freezer....this b and b was so cold it was beyond a joke, I stayed here and the central heating was not put on for the whole duration, hence there was mould on my window sill and growing up the wall..... the service was some what lacking, the pillow was like a rock and the sheets were worn and thread bare, more to the point it was like been in a jail cell, the doors slammed day and night, I had no rest!! I was stiff as a board as the bed was very stiff. The place was dusty, dirty and in need of a whole overhall to bring it into the new millennium, food was very very mediocre. When i came to leave my payment card was refused by the owners, she was hell bent on cash, mad for cash from me, now I find this very unusual in this day and age and a very outdated carry on to demand cash from me. The drive was so steep you could do with a chair lift, but then again, if its like the heating it would,nt be turned on!!!! Be warned not a pleasant experience by any means.

Room Tip: Try somewhere else!
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank Shampers10
Reviewed 11 October 2012

We were greeted by the delightful Tina with her beaming smile when we knocked on the B&B's door hoping there may be an available room. Our room was excellent, and I was very comfortable on the couch in the cosy lounge-room with a crackling open fire (burning peat!) answering emails on my laptop. Breakfast was great in the lovely breakfast room overlooking the river. Could not ask for better.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kartigi
Reviewed 5 September 2012

What a gem this place is , Tina your a star. Rooms are excellent and if you have forgot anything tina is sure to have it . Food is brilliant what a breakfast you get more than enough to keep you going . It overlooks river and bridge into town beautiful setting . Cannot thank you enough for our stay everyone enjoyed so much ....... You bake the best apple pie ever .lol

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank havenmy
Reviewed 19 February 2012

I stayed along with members of the irish ladies fly fishing , we all had a great time, room was great , beds comfortable , lovely hot shower, for tired bodies after a hard days fishing . Tina Breakfast was to die for and her willingness to make your stay more then enjoyable and sorting out dinner for a hungry crew every evening , i will be back in the summer

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank clanegirl
Reviewed 18 August 2011

Having travelled extensively and increasingly to top hotels, it is significant to say that this Bed and Breakfast has left a better impression upon me than any others I've stayed in. The room was very comfortable with a nice en-suite with rooms overlooking the River Laune.
The breakfast is as good as we have ever had and that includes several 5 star hotels, there is a significant buffet with a variety of bread home-made scones and other patisseries. There is a menu of cooked breakfast options which the owner cooks while you help yourself to the buffet.
The friendliness of the owners and staff really sets this place apart. We felt welcomed and comfortable for the entire duration of our stay.
We will definately be returning in the near future.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Kilkenny518
Reviewed 5 August 2011

I found this b and b to be very poor . Our room was on the ground floor and the noise of doors banging and smells from the kitchen from 7.30 onwards was over powering . The bed also was so hard that I was stiff as a board after three nights in it. Also it does not have a facility to pay by credit card which I find very unusual in this day and age and particularly annoying when all 3 ATMs in town are out of service !

• Stayed: August 2011