The Sleepy Camel
Glencurrah House(Glenbeigh)
  • Free Internet
Lissadell Lodge(Glenbeigh)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsbig kitchenliving roomclean roomsstayed for one nightnice roomnice stayplace to staydown the roadwould definitely stay here againother gueststwo nightshostelchrisfacilitiesshowerkerrybaggage
Reviewed 13 July 2013

staying at the sleepy camel was an eye opener, the helpfulness and hospitality shown to me and my friends by the host and his family was nothing but excellent, next time i'm in Ireland, south west, the sleepy camel will be my first port of call, in fact, i cant wait to get back, its like home away from home, KEEP UP THE EXCELLENT WORK Coni was in 2

Room Tip: i was in 2 different rooms, both were excellent, i would recomend it to anybody
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 July 2013

The Sleepy Camel Hostel was a great place to stay. The rooms were all very clean and it provided quite a bit for the low room charge. The was a nice living room with couches, a TV, and plenty of books. The was also a well stocked Kitchen and a nice dining room for the included breakfast. The staff wer all very nice and incredibly helpful. I did not rent a car and flew into Keryy airport. When I booked my room at the Sleepy Camel one of the staffsent me an email asking if there was anything he could do. i mentioned needing a ride to the hostel and one of the staff actualy came to pick me up. The hostel lies in a small and quite little village. Only a small store, and a handful of resturaunts and pubs in town. There was a very nice beach within walking distance though and Irish drivers here are not afraid to pick up hitchikers.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 June 2013

Stayed here for a night while cycling around the Ring of Kerry. The owner, Con was very helpful and kind. I had booked a dorm room but he gave me a private one without any additional charge. The hostel is spotlessly clean, lovely sitting room with Internet, TV and lots of books. The breakfast area is in a conservatory and beautiful on a sunny morning. They have a lock-up basement for bikes. The Sleepy Camel is in the heart of the village and everything you need is only minutes walk away. Overall, a great stay and I will definately be back.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 June 2013

My friend and I stayed here overnight and it was perfect for us! Everywhere was lovely and clean, the staff were very friendly, the kitchen was well equipped and there was a good selection of food for us to choose from. Great location with stunning views, I would definitely recommend The Sleepy Camel to anybody :)

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 June 2013

Very nice hostel in middle of glenbeigh, close to pubs and small supermarket, friendly owner and good facilities.

We did the 3 (first and best?) days of Kerry Way, parked car in Glenbeigh and after a night in Sleepy Camel we took bus to Killarney and walked back to Glenbeigh by Kerry Way (and picked up Car to drive Ring of Kerry. Very good way to combine walking and sightseeing

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple