“Nice spot for a break!”
Review of Rumours Bistro

Rumours Bistro
Ranked #1 of 8 Restaurants in Glenbeigh
Price range: US$17 - US$33
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Delicious Food and wonderful ambience at great value prices Rumours Bistro is situated in the Beautiful Coastal village of Glenbeigh, considered by many as The Jewel in The Ring of Kerry. Rumours Bistro is the perfect venue for a romantic dinner or a friendly get together. We go to great lengths to produce great food at an affordable price. Our passion for delicious, simple flavours places an emphasis on the quality of locally-sourced ingredients. We are committed to providing an enjoyable and pleasant dining experience every time. Rumours has a trendy yet friendly vibe, it is a must with visitors and locals alike.
Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

We stopped in on a Sunday, 30 minutes before they technically serve food. They still graciously made toast (my friend was heading out for a bike ride and needed food!) with our coffee.

The staff (Leanne?) was lovely to chat with, and gave us some great tips on beaches in the area!

For summer, of course! ;-)

1  Thank Vagabond-Sue

Reviewed 8 October 2013

I would like to thank Jackie for her hospitality last week. I dine alone very often and a pleasant word or small engagement from restaurant staff is always welcome.
Rumours was recommended to me by friends from Limerick who regularly dine there and I can see why. The food is excellent, the hospitality is warm and Rumours is great value for money.

1  Thank Neil_Locke_66
Reviewed 1 October 2013

We stopped here for a mid morning snack. Cakes and drinks excellent and good value and the staff were very warm and welcoming. Sorry for the short review but we'll definitely be back so that says it all. And great location too there's a wonderful beach very close.

1  Thank Houndstone
Reviewed 1 October 2013

If youre lucky enough to be on the ring of Kerry then you have to stop here at this little gem of a restaurant. Excellent warm and contemporary decor. Friendly staff and most importantly the food was delicious. I had the scallops with Clonakilty pudding for starter and Turbot for my main course. You would have to travel far to get food as good as this. We were only meant to be out for a quick bite but thanks to Jackie and her great staff we ended up having some extra vino and stayed to the small hours!! Have to say this place is spot on. We are in this area quite regularly and rumours is definitely up there with the local heavy weights so to speak...

Reviewed 30 September 2013

Had a meal with my partner in this Bistro a few weeks ago weekend of 2013 Glenbeigh beach racing festival Aug 24th. I have thought long and hard about leaving a negative review as usually id rather leave no review at all than a negative review but people should know what to expect if they go to this Bistro. Food was very good with nice menu but service from reddish haired middle aged English woman was a disgrace . This person was rude and ignorant from the minute we walked in and met us with a grunt when we asked for a table for two which is a strange reaction for a bistro and very unintelligent business-wise and then took our order without a word and conveyed she wanted us to order by staring, very strange behaviour in my opinion. She should not work with the public and totally ruined an otherwise nice meal for me and my partner. It was our 1st time there and we would not set foot in there again because the owners disgraceful lack of common manners. Later on another woman who is blonde, very pleasant and polite served us desert . This Bistro advertises a lot on the radio, Im not surprised they have to pay for advertising as repeat business must be pretty rare if served by this very unpleasant woman.
My genuine recommendation is to go to another Bistro or hotel in the area to get served food in a way that makes you feel welcome with basic manners/common courtesy. As the old saying goes Good manners cost nothing.

8  Thank tomm789
Jackie O, Owner at Rumours Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2013

Tom,
I also had to take a while to write this response as it took a few days to digest. If I was so incredibly rude to you by grunting and staring at you, I'm bewildered as to why you didn't address
me on the evening As you say I ruined your experience. Instead you decided to hide behind your username and leave a detrimental, abusive and personal review of me.
To finish my response to you I now know what cyber bullying is and thank god I didn't go to school with you.
Good luck
the Red Haired Middle aged English woman ( thanks for that clearly don't look bad for 76)