“Very pleased and would recommend this Bistro”
Review of Rumours Bistro

Rumours Bistro
Ranked #1 of 7 Restaurants in Glenbeigh
Price range: US$16 - US$31
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Delicious Food and wonderful ambience at great value prices Rumours Bistro is situated in the Beautiful Coastal village of Glenbeigh, considered by many as The Jewel in The Ring of Kerry. Rumours Bistro is the perfect venue for a romantic dinner or a friendly get together. We go to great lengths to produce great food at an affordable price. Our passion for delicious, simple flavours places an emphasis on the quality of locally-sourced ingredients. We are committed to providing an enjoyable and pleasant dining experience every time. Rumours has a trendy yet friendly vibe, it is a must with visitors and locals alike.
Wexford, Ireland
“Very pleased and would recommend this Bistro”
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Having read reviews about this place I was a little worried as there was some very critical comments about the owner and the service recently. I am happy to say I did not find anything to complain about. I was visiting with my Mother who is 80+ and has a fairly strict diet to follow so was thinking this would be a good test! - We arrived to an almost full house, most tables had been reserved earlier so we were very lucky. We were served pretty quickly and at this point I asked about the possibility of some brown bread and butter with tea for my Mother while I would order a normal starter and main. The owner was serving me and not only was prepared to do this but also enquired if there was anything else my Mother could eat and suggested she could personally make a small salad if she would like, this was ordered and was superb, a big thank you and a happy Mum! My own starter of mussels was large and very good as was the glass of pinot-grigio that came too, my main course of ravioli was very tasty and I can honestly say overall it was a lovely evening. Maybe we can all have an off-day now and again but for us it was a great meal and service was excellent, I shall visit later in the year again with my wife and drink a full bottle of vino that time. P.S. A very good menu on offer too.

Doncaster, United Kingdom
“The Eating Experience”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Myself and a group of friends visited this restaurant twice over a period of 4 days .
The food was second to none on both visits.
The host could not do enough for us even though there was a large group of us.
Attention to detail was fantastic we will be definatley be visiting again..

• Visited August 2014
Bristol, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Beautiful food!”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Stayed in Glenbeigh for a long weekend and dined here both on a Friday and Saturday night. Lovely service, and fabulous food! Huge portions as well, couldn't finish the main course after a starter!

The champagne sorbet is also one the best desserts I have ever eaten! Very friendly and polite front of house too!

Dublin, Ireland
“Glenbeigh Mussels”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I was in Glenbeigh for two nights while exploring part of the Kerry Way and I ate in Rumours for both evenings. I didn't have high expectations as it looked like a standard holiday village coffee place from the outside - I've had some very unpleasant eating experiences in touristy villages in Kerry - but Rumours proved to be a nice surprise.

I had the same starter two nights - the 'Glenbeigh Mussels' - it was really delicious, fat juicy and very fresh mussels in a good broth, although the bread the second night was sweet (I think it was a treacle bread) which doesn't go with the mussels and broth. For the mains I had a fish based raviola pasta (curiously listed under the impressively varied 'vegetarian' section of the menu) and fish cakes. Both were well prepared and very pleasant - although neither were outstanding, the ingredients were fresh and the presentation was good. Unusually for a Kerry restaurant they have a good selection of properly chilled craft beers from Wexford, which proved an excellent accompaniment. The bill in both cases was under 30 euro which is excellent value for the quality.

Lisbon, Portugal
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excelent food!”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

The food was excelent! In quality, quantity, and presentation. The price is a bit above what you find in other places but worth it. Nice environment and staff.