“Don't miss this fun little gem"”
Review of Dooks Golf Club

Dooks Golf Club
Ranked #3 of 8 things to do in Glenbeigh
Seattle, Washington
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Don't miss this fun little gem"”
Reviewed 19 June 2009

This was my first stop on a long golf trip to Ireland. It rained hard on the first hole and on the second tee I put my umbrella away. The experience became a metaphor for my trip, with mild inconveniences giving way to special moments. This course has a collection of really fun golf holes in a nice setting. It was a great place to play a warm up round and I would play it again in a heartbeat if I am back in the area.

1 Thank Golftrekker

Winston Salem, NC
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“A Pleasant Surprise!”
Reviewed 8 October 2007

I played Dooks in September of 2007 while on a golf buddy trip to SW Ireland. We added Dooks when we decided to stay an additional night during our initial planning because it was close to where we were going to be and it was one of the oldest courses in Ireland. We read that Dooks was a very short course but an enjoyable round so we thought it would be a nice change of pace from all the "famous" courses we were playing. We had no expectations.

We had an excellant day of golf. Sitting out into Dingle Bay, the course has a nice layout that is very playable and a lot of fun. The scenery is beautiful and the recently lengthened course made it more challenging for our group. I would highly recommend it to anyone on a golf vacation or anyone seeking to play only a round on a touring vacation wanting to experience links golf.

3 Thank WSyankee