“Hotel with great character”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Glenbeigh
Olde Glenbeigh Hotel
Ranked #1 of 9 Glenbeigh B&B and Inns
Ireland
“Hotel with great character”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2012

My husband & I stayed in this hotel Saturday night, the staff are so friendly and helpful and I really loved the old style of the hotel. We had dinner in the bar and it was lovely, and I was amazed to see the bar so busy that time of the evening. We had a great chat with the owner Sunday morning and she told us the hotel was built in 1792 (I think) so of course it is more old-fashioned than a lot of the hotels that have sprouted up over the last few years but this just adds to it's attraction I feel. Also when I rang to book a room I spoke to Marie and she couldn't have been more helpful and friendly. All in all a very pleasant stay and we will definitely be back again.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Kenmare, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2012

We had a fabulous weekend in Glenbeigh, Co Kerry. We stayed in the Olde Glenbeigh Hotel in June and the village is just a three minute walk from the Hotel. The staff are so friendly, pleasant and helpful. The breakfast was wonderful and we got it quite late in the morning and there was no big deal made of this - our waitress was very friendly also. It was very reasonably priced too.
The room we stayed in was exceptionally comfortable, clean, warm and very spacious. I would highly recommend this Hotel. I will most definitely be returning-hopefully soon!

Exeter, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2012

we stayed at the glenbeigh hotel originally for one week but because of such a warm welcome and fantastic food we ended up staying the remainder of our three week holiday!
marie and cillian are more than just hosts we feel weve known them for years and cillian is a fantastic chef and oh those desserts we have definately put a few inches on our waist lines!!!
the bar staff are efficent beyond belief the two mikes behind the bar are like the irish version of tom cruise in cocktail!!!!
just like to say thanks for making our holiday special we will return!!!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
galway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2012

I`m not one for writing many reviews, but this one time I just have to take time out from my busy schedule and write about my experience staying in this hotel, hence the my above title ( Home away from home ) I read a few unfair reviews here which really got to me, due to my work I travel quite a lot around Ireland and have stayed in many big and small Hotels and sampled their food
and also got a taste of their hospitality, but in all my travels I have never come across a Hotel more welcoming, and as for food , excellent absolutely 1st class for presentation, taste, and quantity and above all value for money and service with a smile, which is very important in my books, let me tell you when it comes to food I can be very fussy, and moving on from here I stayed 2 nights only intended on staying 1 night , due to the family and staff of the Olde Glenbeigh Hotel, they really do go out of their way to ensure your stay with them is one to remember, and I certainly will never forget my stay , I have made new friends and will certainly be taking my wife and children here for a break very soon, I did see the tv show and it certainly do live up to it`s quality standards, one reviewer complained about the bedroom , this and that wrong with it, I say did she not realise the hotel was going through a revamp, if she really took in what the programme was all about in the first place and totally understood for the family besides her complaining , I feel she should now go back to the Hotel even just for one night and try to pick something to complain about, I say well done to the everyone at the Olde Glenbeigh Hotel and have to give credit where credit is due, and to you reading this
I give the Hotel my full rating, music , song & dance , such friendly and professional service and it`s first class food , once I can get all the above , it is`nt a blooming door handle or a bit of wallpaper missing from a wall is going to bother me, my final advice ( book now ) and experience all this warm friendly Hotel has to offer,

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Hendersonville, North Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2012

All the reviews I read about the food were true, fresh and very tasty. The setting very authentic Irish pub and very friendly bar staff. However a guarantee reservation does not guarantee you a room. The reservation system consists of a book with hand written notes that can be easily changed as we found out.

Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Jerry J
limerick
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2012

Hi just back from a fabulous weekend in Glenbeigh, Co Kerry. We stayed in the Olde Glenbeigh hotel which is just a three minute walk from the hearth of this lovely village. The family run hotel oozes charm. The food in the hotel was great but most noticeable was the staff who were very friendly, pleasant and helpful. I can highly recommend the breakfast and the great thing was we werent under a strict time as to when we could eat it!!. It was very reasonably priced too.
The room we stayed in was exceptionally comfortable and clean! I would highly recommend this hotel - it has everything you need and best of all it is perfectly located in one of the most beautiful villages in Ireland!! i will definetly be back!!

Glenbeigh, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2012

I really don't know where to start about the great time we had in The Olde Glenbeigh Hotel!! My boyfriend and I decided to head off for the weekend after a stressful bank holiday and decided to go to Glenbeigh as friends of ours visit here quite alot. They recommended this hotel and we were delighted with it. We were slightly late arriving on the Friday evening and worried that we may not be in time for food but on arrival we were assured that there was no panic and to take our time, that we would be looked after. What an understatment!!! After checking into the beautiful, cozy and clean room (with a fantastic view of the gardens and sea, thank you Marie :) we headed to the bar and had what can only be described as the most satisfying dinner I have had in ages!! The bar itself is so welcoming, not to mention the staff that offered us menus, drinks and a friendly chat. Between us, we had garlic mushrooms, chowder, an amazing seafood platter and, according to my boyfriend, the best cooked steak he has had. We barely had room for dessert, but we did manage a fabulous homemade cheesecake. I really could not get over the food; great presentation, generous portions and all at modest bar food prices. We then settled down for a few, what we thought would be "quiet drinks" and ended up having such a great night. Between the staff, who all seem to enjoy themselves and involve you in the goings on, to the locals who all just want to get to know you and make sure you have a good time. By the end of the night we felt that we were part of the crew ;) The rest of the weekend followed same and we were almost sad to leave on the Monday morning. For anyone who is looking for a short break just to ease the mundane this is such a great spot to relax, unwind and enjoy yourself and I will be recommending it to all of my friends. Definately worth a visit and we will be returning!!

Room Tip: Rooms at the side of the hotel have fabulous views of the gardens and the sea.