“naas kildare”

Parknasilla Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Sneem
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 22 September 2011

loved every minute of our stay, food was great ,staff really looked after us, if you are looking to be pampered for a few days this is the place to go it has it all even the price was excellent
I will be back

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank maritakenna
Generalmanagerpark, General Manager at Parknasilla Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your lovely review of your recent stay with us at Parknasilla Resort and Spa.

I was thrilled to read that you thoroughly enjoyed all aspects of your stay including the beautiful food. I will pass on your wonderful comments about the staff to all the team here.

I look forward to welcoming you both back to Parknasilla in the near future.

Aaron Mansworth

Write a ReviewReviews (2,101)

Reviewed 22 September 2011

We stayed for 3 nights and we had a wonderful time. The room was compact but stylish. It is an old school hotel - old school service (silver plated tea pots) very attentive staff and good food. The spa is very modern and flashly but the rest of the hotel is traditional. The staff really make the place - so helpful and generous with their time. The walks are beautiful amazing scenery and well laid out. We got a v good deal. All ages present - saw lots of young couple with babies who went for walks and took the babies to dinner and really seemed relaxed. Overall very happy

• Stayed: September 2011
1  Thank Rob63Dublin

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review of your recent stay at Parknasilla Resort & Spa.

I was delighted to read that you both enjoyed your stay with us in particular the spa, the scenic walks and good food. I will pass on all your lovely comments about the staff to all the team here.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Parknasilla in the near future.

Reviewed 19 September 2011

Parknasilla!
The Grand Old Lady of Kerry!
What can one say of this majestic hotel on Kerry,Ireland,
The situation is out of this world,even if it raining cats and dogs you are made to feel sssoo welcome,with big log fires in the hall and reception rooms,amazing views,try and take one of the bedrooms in the front of house,well worth the extra cost.We attended a wedding here a few days ago and the staff could not have been nicer,first visited here before we got married(which was not today or yesturday)and have never been disapointed.
went swimming in the sea also the nice pool,walked around the golf course,you can get a boat out around the islands---if you so wish--so many things to do.

Room Tip: check their web-site,fab views from front of house also vg sea view rooms
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank coleen10
Generalmanagerpark, General Manager at Parknasilla Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review of your recent stay with us here at Parknasilla Resort & Spa.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay, the open fires, scenic views, friendly staff and relaxing spa. I will pass on your lovely comments to all the team here.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Parknasilla Resort and Spa.

Reviewed 17 September 2011

Am very disappointed with this hotel. We stayed there with our young children in August. The service in the bar was appalling- we were treated as if we were an inconvenience to the staff working there. We had to go looking for menus, looking for cutlery and looking for another drinks order.
Nobody came back to check if our food was ok once it was served up.
Breakfast was very disappointing- I would have expected a menu of food to order- all is offered is an omelette and kippers......... It is all buffet style. I did order an omlette, and my entire family had finished their breakfast before I got my omelette- and at that, I had to ask 3 different waiters!
This hotel is in an amazing location, with magical views, but I'm afraid that service lets the hotel down massively.
Very disappointing.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Mim1102

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of your recent stay at Parknasilla Resort and Spa.

I was disappointed to read your comments re our standard of service in the bar and at breakfast and I have addressed the issues with the Food & Beverage Manager.With regard to breakfast we offer an extensive buffet of both hot and cold dishes as well as kippers, omelette and a fish of the day option which are all cooked to order. I apologise that it took a number of staff to organise this for you.

I was delighted to note your positive comments re our amazing location with it magical view and I hope that you will return to Parknasilla some day.

Reviewed 17 September 2011

Irish couple early 30s

The last time we stayed here was 10 years ago, used to be THE place. Definitely lost it's charm.
The ex Taoiseach (prime minister) still comes here every sure and the beautiful views can see why. However it seems to have become a little run down and not what it used to be.
Our last (and final) stay here we stayed in lodge with toddler. Perfect homes for groups and very reasonable rates (would reccommend those) but the hotel was a let down. Service was poor also.
Lovely walks around the islands but not enough to tempt us back unfortunately.

• Stayed: October 2010
2  Thank LolaEire

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review.

I was disappointed to read that you did not enjoy your stay with us here at Parknasilla Resort and Spa. While some of the rooms in the hotel have been refurbished we are continually trying to improve our product where possible. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed our Two Bedroom Lodges and the scenic walks around the Resort.

Reviewed 13 September 2011

My family and I stayed at Parknasilla for a week during the summer. We had booked one of the lodges, but to our disappointment on arrival, the "lodge" was actually an upstairs apartment, which was not what we had expected. After contacting the reception, the staff were extremely helpful; instead accomodating us for a week in a beautiful 2 bed suite in the main hotel. Throughout the week, the staff were more than happy to do whatever they could to make our stay enjoyable; it was like the celtic tiger attitude had never hit this beautiful hotel - service was attentive, friendly and genuine. The decor is a little old fashioned, and could do with updating, but this seemed an insignificant point after about 24 hours! The facilities are great in the hotel; lovely pool, great kids playroom (our two lived there, playing table tennis and pool), and for about €100 for the week, the four of us played endless golf on a very interesting 12 hole course (bring plenty of balls!). The views are spectacular, and there are lots of walks on the grounds to take. We ate in the restaurant a few times, with the children (aged 8 and 11), and there was no issue about kids eating in the dining room. The food was very good. I would definitely recommend Parknasilla, whether for a family or just to destress.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 September 2011

We stayed just one night in Parknasilla. We did archery in the morning and availed of the free bicycle hire in the afternoon. Kevin was an excellent archery coach and great company! The hotel grounds provided beautiful scenic walks with strategically placed rest stops along the shore. Dinner in the evening was exquisite with John providing excellent service. All the staff were attentive and professional. The spa area is clean and well equipped and the outdoor hottub is a real treat. Great advice from Jib in the spa on skincare. The bar area is so relaxing with cosy couches and open fires... Amazing... Will return again and again.

My only criticism if I must is that the en suites could be updated.

• Stayed: September 2011
1  Thank Laun2010
Generalmanagerpark, General Manager at Parknasilla Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your fabulous review of your recent stay at Parknasilla Resort and Spa.
I was delighted to read that you both enjoyed your stay including the archery, bicycle hire, scenic walks and delicious food. I will pass on all your wonderful comments to all the team here including Kevn, John and Jib.

We look forward to welcoming you both back to Parknasilla Resort and Spa.

Aaron Mansworth

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sneem
Sneem Hotel
#1 of 6 in Kenmare
Lake Hotel
Lake Hotel
#8 of 38 in Killarney

Been to Parknasilla Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!