“Quality” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Sneem
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Quality”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2012

This was our second year ringing in the New year at Parknasilla and it did not disappoint. From the moment you arrive it's a five star experience all round, with a personal touch from all you meet. Names are remembered and comfort is guaranteed, whether it's in your room, the spa or the wonderful Pygmalion restaurant. This hotel offers you a quality luxurious stay in magnificent surroundings steeped in history. The food is of a superb standard with service to match from all in the restaurant. Go for one of the amazing walks around the resort and then head back to relax in the spa, sitting in an outdoor Jacuzzi overlooking Kenmare bay is a real wonder.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the old house
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank perecallaghan
Generalmanagerpark, General Manager at Parknasilla Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 10 February 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review of your recent stay at Parknasilla Resort & Spa.

I was delighted to read that you returned to celebrate the New Year with us again this year and enjoyed all the hotel has to offer including the superb food, relaxing spa, service and accommodation. The many walks around the resort are amazing and all our guests really enjoy them. I will pass on your lovely comments to all the team here.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Parknasilla Resort and Spa in 2012.

Area General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (274)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2011

I attended a wedding at Parknasilla and was suitably impressed. The setting was beautiful and the walks around the grounds are lovely.

The main hotel building itself was very nice, however we stayed in the self catering villas. These are beautiful modern buildings, perfectly maintained. A welcome pack of the basics (tea, coffee etc) was provided so we could settle in and watch the rabbits running around outside.

The wedding itself went off without a hitch, although I must say I didn't feel the food was up to the standards of the rest of the hotel. There wasn't anything wrong, but it was more flash than bang for my taste - of course this may not be representative of the hotel restaurant per se. The staff were excellent throughout, even dropping us back to our villa, to spare us the walk after a few drinks.

All in all I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Parknasilla as a beautiful, isolated getaway.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank FunkyMonkey0
Generalmanagerpark, General Manager at Parknasilla Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 11 December 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of your stay at Parknasilla Resort and Spa.

I was very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay in the Villas and took advantage of the lovely walks around the resort. I have noted your comments regarding the food and will pass them on to our Food and Beverage team. I appreciate your feedback and apologise that you didn’t feel your meal met your expectations.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Parknasilla Resort and Spa in the near future.

Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2011

was down for a family get together and so looking forward to dining in Parknasilla i have to say i was highly disappointed with the quality of food which was served up to us, my partner ordered a fish dish which was cold on arrival, the sauce that surrounded it was bland and far too watery, also the duck starter which said on the menu had rabbit in it aswell was a measly piece of rabbit hardly a bite, and then was completely horrified when they brought out the veg, a small bowl with about 5 "SPUDS" in it hardly what i would call presentation, there was no effort to even garnish them , there was no effort made what so ever as the potatoes still had black spots in them still and that was your veg on the side, Definately not worth 45euro per person." BIG LET DOWN"

• 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Jadabloom
Dear Guest,

I note that you did not enjoy your meal in the restaurant. We strive to offer the highest level of service and hospitality and was disappointed to read your comments. We regularly receive great feedback re the potatoes garnished with spring onion. I hope you enjoyed the rest of your stay and had the opportunity to avail of the other hotel facilities. It is only through comments such as yours that we can continually improve our product and service.

I would be delighted to welcome you back to Parknasilla Resort and Spa so that we will be able to improve on your experience.

Warmest regards
cork
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2011

Myself and my fiancé stayed here recently and I can't say enough about the place. It was such a relaxing experience. We ad a fantastic room overlooking the sea with its own balcony. The staff are fantastic and ensure a pleasant stay. The food was top class. Overall a fantastic experience. Will definetly return.

• Stayed November 2011
4 Thank ZigzagCork
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your lovely review. Congratulations to you both on your engagement. I was so glad to read that you both enjoyed your stay so much. It was great to hear how impressed you were with your bedroom, the views, the food and the staff. I will pass on all your comments to all the team here.

I look forward to welcoming you both back in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2011

My partner and i have stayed here 4 times in total the first three were when it was part of
the Great Southern group and most recently in november this year .
We were given a fantastic warm room overlooking the beautifull bay where i could not resist taking photographs of the seals and porpoise playing around as the tide came in, What a view .
We then went down to supper had a look at the menu 5 seperate dishes all fish , Sadly neither of us fancied fish . We asked the Assistant head waitress if anything like chicken or lamb was possible , She said she would ask the chef , I might add that the dining room was nearly full we felt a bit embarresed and not wishing to cause poblems . The Lady returned from the kitchen and said lamb would be possible if we did not mind waiting 20 minutes . so we had a very pleasent couple of cocktails at the bar ,
Somene kindly advised that the lamb was nearly ready so we went back to the dining room were given a great table , great wine list and the Lamb dish was superb , My partner lives in central london we often lave lunch in the Goring another rather special establishment who can do very good lamb. But the Parknasilla Lamb was perfectly cooked it just melted in your mouth.So good infact I would recomend anyone reading this to give it a go . Great Breakfast too , Dont come down late though everything can run out very quickly .
Staff were great and very helpfull

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank tastymotorco
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review of your recent stay with us. I was thrilled to read that you both enjoyed your stay so much. It was very nice to read how impressed you were with your bedroom, the views and the food, especially the lamb dish, in the restaurant. I will pass on your comments to all the team here.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Parknasilla in the near future.

Leinster
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2011

Had a family reunion at the resort and most of the group agreed it was a suitable venue.

We liked :

Friendly staff, plenty of room to sit around, good value for money , lovely views and setting, and having a pool/ spa.

We disliked :

Location a bit remote/ isolated for some. Some rooms spacious with new showers etc but some a little dated. Large dining room can be cold in the evening.

Overall

would recommend for families, older people and quiet weekends.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank MikeLeinster
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay at Parknasilla Resort and Spa.

I was delighted to read that you and your family enjoyed your recent stay with us. I was glad to read how you liked the views, the spa and swimming pool and friendly staff. I was disappointed to read that you found the restaurant cold and the bedrooms dated, however I do appreciate your feedback. While some of the bedrooms have been refurbished we are continually trying to improve our product where possible.

I look forward to welcoming you and your family back to Parknasilla Resort and Spa in the near future.
Dublin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2011

We were really looking forward to going to this hotel having heard so much about it from friends and having also savoured the pictures on the website. The hotel is in many ways almost like two hotels. The modern part of it, which is the Spa and a bedroom wing are beautiful and sleek while the old part of the hotel, the bedrooms we stayed in and the public areas, are ibadly in need of updating. However the positive points about this hotel are overwhelming. The location is breathtaking and the walks around the hotel are stunning, this is really Ireland at its most beautiful.The service is unbeleivable, the staff truly make this a wonderful experience and they really show what Irish hospitality is all about. We dined two nights in the restaurant and I have to say this was some of the best food I have ever had. No matter what I chose on the menu it was delicious, scallops, duck, beef, turbot all absolutely mouth-watering. As I said the public areas are somewhat disappointing but the location, the staff and food counter-balance this.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Bryanstown
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of your recent stay at Parknasilla Resort and Spa. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay so much in particular the food, the stunning walks and the hospitality show by all the staff. I will pass on all your comments to the team here. While some of the hotel has been renovated recently we are continually trying to improve our product where possible.

Area General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sneem
Sneem Hotel
The Killarney Park Hotel
The Killarney Park Hotel
#3 of 39 in Killarney
5.0 of 5 bubbles 1,299 reviews

Been to Parknasilla Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!