“Idyllic!”

Parknasilla Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Sneem
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Myself and the family stayed in the lodges of the Parknasilla Hotel which were really apartments in a lovely square courtyard, each with lovely seating area out the back.

We really enjoyed our stay - apartment was spotless and very spacious! Wardrobe space in the double room a little tight but everything else perfect.

We availed of all the facilities in the hotel which was just a few hundred yards walk from the apartment. Staff really friendly and very helpful. Food excellent and everything served very nicely.

Leisure complex spotless and we really enjoyed the outdoor hot - tubs overlooking the bay!! The many walks around the grounds kept us occupied for a good few hours and we're lovely.

Very centrally located to Killarney, Kenmare and the amazing scenery of the Beara Pennisula. The fabulous weather helped!

Overall we throughly enjoyed our second time here and will be back again! !

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank McComish
Generalmanagerpark, General Manager at Parknasilla Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Dear McComish,

Let me begin by sincerely thanking you for your wonderful review. I was thrilled to read that you enjoyed your stay with us in the Courtyard Lodges. They are a ideal option for those looking for some added space while still enjoying all the facilities that the hotel has to offer. I was also pleased to read that you dined in the hotel and found everything to your satisfaction.

We are very lucky to be located on a 500 acre estate with 7 mapped walks to guide our guests through the estate. I am glad that you had a chance to enjoy some of the walks available, our garden team will be thrilled that you enjoyed them.

I am most happy that you returned to us for the second time and we are looking forward to your next visit already.

Ruth O' Sullivan

Write a ReviewReviews (2,099)

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Had an amazing stay at Parknasilla this weekend ...from the moment we landed we felt the warmth and kindness from the start....We were greeted by the doorman P.J who took our bags and brought us to our room..We were blown away by our room 434 suite extremely special..Then the main house keeper Anne came to introduce herself and make sure we felt at home...We walked the area sat out on the terrace and really chilled for the day..that evening we ate in the restaurant where we were greeted by John who brought us to our table with was situated in the bay window area with a stunning view..George was on hand to recommend the best wines ....The following day we both got treatments in the Elemis Spa which really was fantastic...the outdoor hot tub has great ....we are going to be returning as soon as we can ...what an experience wonderful part of the world

Room Tip: It is good to ask for a view ..we had corner suite very bright views amazing
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Dear tobinsas,

Let me being by thanking you for your wonderful tripadvisor review and for taking the time to complete a review after your stay. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. I was also glad that you enjoyed meeting our staff and that you found them helpful and welcoming. All of the staff here take great pride in ensuring that all our guests enjoy their time with us and have restful and relaxing break away.

I am also thrilled to read that you enjoyed our Spa. It truly is a haven of relaxation and the two outdoor hot tub ares an ideal location to gaze out upon some of the beautiful scenery overlooking the Caha Mountains and Kenmare Bay.

Again thank you for taking the time to complete a review and share your experiences with us. We look forward to welcoming you through our gates again in the near future.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

We decided at the last minute to take a short break in Kerry. After a friends recommendation we booked the Woodland Villas at the Parknasilla Hotel. What a truly wonderful place to stay. The villas are of an exceptional standard with all mod cons including complimentary wi-fi. All the facilities of the hotel are included in the booking also. The food in the hotel bar, whilst being slightly pricey, was excellent as were the staff.
The villas do not intrude on each other and it's reminiscent of home from home. Sneem village is on the doorstep with Kenmare being only a 30 minute drive away. Killarney is approx 40 minutes via the spectacular Molls Gap and Ladies View. We would highly recommend the Woodland Villas especially if you have very young children. As Arnie said "we'll be back"!!

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank finbarro

Dear finbarro,

Thank you for your kind review and for sharing your experiences with us. I am delighted that your friend recommended Parknasilla as a getaway destination and that we lived up to that reputation. I am glad that you found the Woodland Villas to your liking, they are a very high standard rental accommodation that still allows for access to all the facilities that the hotel has to offer.

I am also thrilled to read that you found the food and service here at the hotel excellent, I will be sure to pass on your regards to our Restaurant and Kitchen teams. Parknasilla is located on the Wild Atlantic Way and the Ring of Kerry and in close proximity to the Ring of Beara, so we are an ideal location for exploring all of these famously scenic coastal drives.

Let me finish by thanking you again for taking the time to complete a review and I look forward to welcoming you through our gates again in the near future.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

My family & I recently took time out to enjoy a 3 day stay in one of the self catering lodges in the grounds of the hotel ( there are also larger house type self catering available that sleep 6 people slightly further away to rent from the hotel)

The lodge had a downstairs loo - open plan sitting room / dining / kitchen and was of a very high standard. Upstairs had two (1 double & 1 twin) bedrooms both ensuite. The beds were super cosy and we had lots of space.
We just noticed that the paint work going up the stairs and in some parts of the lodge needed refreshing and there were a couple of stains on rugs/ cushions but on the day we were leaving we saw that a team of painters were working on another lodge so that issue would have been addressed.

We decided to eat breakfast and main meal up in the hotel, it takes a short 5 min walk to reach the hotel and all meals and breakfasts were super, we ate two nights in the restaurant and one night in the bar area and all food was amazing.

One of the highlights for us are the amazing walks in the grounds of the hotel and golf course, they are well signposted and the views are just incredible.
There is also a fairy walk for younger kids.

You can play golf / tennis and archery in the summer. Bikes can be rented up in a village 5 mins drive away.

The outdoor hot tub was super and the spa facilities are excellent.

Parknasilla is a favourite of ours and we cannot recommend it highly enough.

My last and best comment must go to the incredible staff. They are extremely helpful and cannot do enough for each guest.

We'll be back hopefully in September !

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank LovesTennis

Dear LovesTennis,

I am very happy to read that you have enjoyed your time with us and thank you for taking the time to complete a review. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay in the courtyard lodges, they are a perfect option for families that still allows you to feel like you are staying in the hotel. I am sorry you found some issues with paintwork etc but yes you are correct we have a painting team in at the moment to remedy this situation. But thank you again for your feedback as it allows us to continue to maintain our standards and improve for the future.

I am glad that you enjoyed your dining experience here at the hotel and I will be sure to pass on your regards to our kitchen team. They take great pride in the high quality and delicious food that that they serve and they will be happy to hear that you enjoyed everything.

Again, we are very lucky to be located on a 500 acre estate with 7 mapped walks and the most popular fairy walk and golf course attached. Thus providing lots of space to play and explore while staying at Parkansilla and I am glad that your family had the opportunity to experience all of this. I have said it before, but our staff are our biggest asset they work tirelessly all year to ensure that our guests have a wonderful experience and enjoy their vacation. I will be sure to pass on your regards to them.

To conclude, thank you again for your kind comments and for writing a review. I look forward to welcoming to Parknasilla again in the near future.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Two couples, stayed in the two bed apartments, great place as we could watch a movie together at night. Rooms were well appointed, quality furnishings and the setting in the woodland was lovely. Had breakfast at the hotel one morning, all what you would expect; porridge, pancakes, fish, bacon, eggs, cereals, breads, cheese, meat, fruit etc. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank cmc120

Dear cmc120,

Let me begin by thanking you for your recent review. I was happy to read that you enjoyed your time with us and that the courtyard lodges were to your liking. They are ideal for couples travelling together as you have that added space and a communal area to meet. I'm also glad that you found them to be of high quality and enjoyed our lovely woodland setting here at Parknasilla Resort & Spa.

I am delighted that you decided to have breakfast at the hotel on one of the morning​s​ and that you enjoyed the food offering, but most of all I am delighted to read that you intend to return. I am always surprised at the sheer volume of return guests we get year after year and believe it is a true testament of the quality service that we provide.

To finish, thank you again for your review and I look forward to welcoming you again to Parknasilla.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Don't know where to begin - as it was 1st class in every sense of the word. Stayed 24-28 May in Woodlands Villa (2 families comprising of 3 adults, an 18 year and 12 year old boy. 3 bedroom villa was exceedingly spacious, spotless, modern, all mod-cons, dishwasher, washingmachine/tumble dryer, DVD player etc. Decorated to show-house quality. The grounds were wonderful-each villa close by, but cleverly situated so each one had its own privacy (and not being able to peer through the windows!). Bathroom and shower rooms were wonderful, powerful showers, and a bath deep enough to swim in. The villas were about 10 mins walk through luscious grounds & woods to the hotel. Here everything was an assault to the senses ! The main entrance to hotel had idyllic vista over the coast (Iveragh peninsula?) and within its 200/300 acres you could ramble at your own device, or follow a supplied map of 7 suggested walks - all extremely well detailed in directions and duration of walk. Tennis courts, outdoor playground, kayaking tours are available within grounds. I cannot stress how beautiful and diverse each suggested walk was. My 12 year old son particularly enjoyed the 'sea baths walk' - which took in a delightful small sandy cove (great for rockpooling when tide out!). There were picnic benches, seated areas etc dotted around the entire area, any many outcrops/rocks just to sit and take in the visually stunning views. I suggest bring a small picnic or flask of tea, and fully enjoy savouring the views ! The leisure facilities were also excellent - especially the 2 hot-tubs outside - which also faced the sea, and still enjoyable on a cold wet day ! As we were only there for 4 days self-catering, we didn't have time to sample the hotel food and bar area. However-even entering the hotel itself and borrowing tennis equipment, the staff were extremely courteous, polite and helpful. Insofar as even opening and holding the door when entering the hotel ! I bumped into a gentleman who stated he had been holidaying there since 1960 - and I can easily see why. Would TOTALLY recommend the resort, and it is well worth paying the extra money compared to other holiday homes/resorts. There is so much to see and do within the resort-there is no reason to venture out into the 'real' world ! We did however drive to the nearby (5 kms) village of Sneem - which is small, and has plenty of bars/cafes/and a few touristy shops. Also highly recommended is the Ring of Kerry tour. Whether you drive yourself, or do 1 of the many available coach tours.

Room Tip: stayed in a villa at the back of Woodlawns - lovely, peaceful, and right beside woods - where a few...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Generalmanagerpark, General Manager at Parknasilla Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2014

Dear thejackster,

I cannot thank you enough for writing such a wonderful review and for sharing all your experiences with us. I was delighted to read that you had a good time with us and truly experienced all that is good about Parknasilla. The Woodland Villas are a brilliant addition to the hotel property, allowing for some extra space while still being able to enjoy all the facilities that the hotel itself offers. I am glad that you found them to be of a high standard and that they met all your needs as a family.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed the maps and guided walks of the hotel grounds. Out garden team work very hard all year long to ensure that our grounds are in immaculate and pristine condition and ensuring that the little touches including the benches and bridges are all well maintained for our guests to enjoy. We do offer picnics baskets that are made to order here at the hotel, next time you will have to try one on your long walk, taking in all the majestic scenery that surrounds you.

Our most praised element and biggest asset is our staff and I am thrilled to hear that you also found them welcoming and helpful. I will be sure to pass on your regards to them

Again, thank you for taking the time to complete a review and I look forward to welcoming you to Parknasilla again in the near future.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

My boyfriend and I have just returned from a two night stay at Parknasilla. Our room was just breathtaking. The bed was huge and so so comfortable, it took us forever to get out of bed as we were mesmerized by the views. Our bathroom had a rain shower and was honestly the nicest shower I've ever had. The suite had two armchairs and if you ever sat in them you were unlikely to get out as they were a) so comfy and b) you were once again captivated by the views. There was anything and everything for breakfast, most of which was locally sourced and excellent quality. We also had dinner in the bar one night and highly recommend the blue cheese burger though I've since heard their pizzas are amazing. We spent a lot of time in the spa and why wouldn't we with those views. The outdoor Jacuzzi had views of the Kerry mountains and we could see seals jumping in the water, which made it all that extra special. I booked a 55 minute massage and it felt like I was in there for hours - it was so relaxing and all the staff were so welcoming. There are seven walks to chose from and we only managed to knock two off the list - gives us an excuse to come back. Above all, i think the thing that stood out to us on this trip is the hospitality, the hotel staff are great ambassadors for Kerry. We got a couple of taxi's in and out of Kenmare and both drivers knew Parknasilla well and only had positive things to say about the venue and its staff. We will most definitely be back. Thank you for a memorable stay!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear UnaO,

Firstly, thank you for sharing your experiences with us and taking the time to complete a review. I was thrilled to read your review that you had such a pleasant time with us. We are truly blessed to be situated in one of the most scenic and magnificent locations not only in Kerry but in Ireland, and I am glad that you took the time out to really appreciate the beauty that surrounds the hotel. We are located on a 500 acre estate and I am glad that you had time to experience some of the walks that guide guests around the property and I agree you must return to complete the rest.

I will be sure to pass on your regards to all our staff. They work tirelessly all year to ensure that all our guests enjoy their break and take great pride in welcoming guests, year after year. They will be thrilled to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us.

Again, to conclude thank you again for your wonderful review and I look forward to welcoming you to Parknasilla again in the not so distant future.

Ruth O' Sullivan

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sneem
Sneem Hotel
13 mi away
Brook Lane Hotel
Brook Lane Hotel
#1 of 6 in Kenmare

Been to Parknasilla Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!