“Great Stay! Get out and Away”

and 1 more site!
Tahilla Cove Country House
Ranked #2 of 9 Sneem B&B and Inns
Houston, Texas
“Great Stay! Get out and Away”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

Found this place by looking on google maps. I just followed the Ring of Kerry looking for B&B's that looked like a good place to stay. Little did I know I didn't find a good place to stay I found a great place to stay. My beautiful bride and I booked it for our honeymoon trip to Ireland. The hosts were very friendly as were all the guest. Hanging out in the evening in their little pub was a blast. Breakfast was delicious. The rooms were very clean and neat. Service was excellent all the way around.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Thomas R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Turkish first
Eindhout, Belgium
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

This is the place to be if you'de like to experience how heaven must feel. Such a beautiful and unique experience. The whole place breathes history and an intens warm family energy. Everywhere (in our room, in the huge livingroom, the breakfast- and diningroom) you have a wonderful view on the bay, the beautiful garden, own pier ... The food was delicious, everything fresh home made! Very spatious rooms with own terras. The lovely couple that owns the place do evertything they can to make your stay as comfortable and pleasant as possible!

Room Tip: I guess any room there is wonderfull!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank corrylaura v
Saxmundham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

A totally unique experience in a beautiful seaside location. Spacious room with balcony overlooking the cove, great home cooked meals and welcoming and helpful hosts who achieve a perfect balance between the intimacy of sharing someone's home and the discretion of a good hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Giles P
Tullamore, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

My husband and I and our two children stayed here for 5 nights in July 2014. What can I say, my children were very sad upon our leaving. Our room, in a second house beside the main house, was completely private, from where you can stroll 10 steps down to the pier on the lake, my son had hours of fun here fishing with his net!
In the morning we would stroll the 5 steps to the main house for a sumptuous breakfast, the porridge, fruit, breads, cooked breakfast all equally yummy!!
James and Deirdre obviously love what they are doing and so do their guests, thanks to them for an unforgettable few days, we hope to return some day :-)

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank APM439
Needville, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

If staying on the Ring of Kerry, this is your spot. Lots of wonderful surprises here at Tahilla Cove. I guess my first surprise was palm trees in Ireland, I had to check the map to make sure I was still on the Emerald Isle. As others have mentioned, fantastic views, excellent proximity to Kenmare and the lovely village of Sneem. We took the motorized kayak tour which was very close as well. If on the Ring this is your home away from home. The only thing more dazzling than the location in the genuine warmth of your hosts. Dierdre and James were magnificent and informative. The only drawback I had initially was the isolated location and having wine with dinner or Guinness at the pub and driving home. No worries there, enchanting view with a first rate dinner is served here with a nice selection of wines. I would recommend advanced notice, but we were accommodated graciously with much less. And the cozy little pub, is a scene out of a black-and-white film.(Honestly one of my favorite pubs in all of Ireland). Breakfast was excellent and as a real treat the proprietors even served up some fresh mackerel my son had caught the night before. The only caveat I found in this five star location is that it is difficult to make it to the boats in Portmagee for the Skellig Michael tour if you have breakfast at the usual time, so they offered to serve us early, and we still cut it close. This location is a seasoned travelers delight.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank HerbUttsmelz
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

We spent two wonderful nights as guests of Deirdre and James at their one of a kind B&B Tahilla Cove Country House. It's situated on a secluded cove with their own private dock. We stayed in the room with a balcony which was very peaceful and serene. The rooms are very large and the beds extremely comfortable. We had drinks in the bar area both evenings which was very nice as you got to meet and converse with the other guests and locals. One evening we stayed there for dinner and we couldn't have had a better dinner if we were at a five star restaurant. From soup through dessert Deirdre out did herself. The B&B was started by James parents and today he and Deirdre carry on the tradition with warmth and graciousness. We would highly recommend Tahilla Cove to anyone visiting the area.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dorie G
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

We had a couple of days over Easter where we could get away, we wanted to take the dogs with us and do a bit of walking. We found very few places that will take dogs, but eventually stumbled upon Tahilla Cove and we're so pleased that we did!
James and Deirdre were the most gracious and attentive hosts, with maps and ideas on where to go walking and sightseeing. Breakfast was superb and we had dinner beautifully cooked by Deirdre, delicious fresh fish on both nights. The bar was great too with guinness on tap- that made my husband very happy! The location is second to none- just sublime, with walks along the seashore right on your doorstep.
The dogs stayed with us in our room which was on the ground floor and had patio doors leading outside- this is the door we used while we stayed here. Our dogs are crate trained, so we put the crate right inside the door, so the mucky paw prints wouldn't run all the way through the room. The weather was good, so we didn't have to worry too much but I would have felt a little better if the room had hard flooring-not carpet, still, we absolutely LOVED our stay and we hope to go back again soon :)

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank TaisceMireille
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sneem
Parknasilla Resort & Spa
Bianconi
Bianconi
#1 of 2 in Killorglin
Loch Lein Country House

Been to Tahilla Cove Country House? Share your experiences!