“Very enjoyable 3 nights”
Review of Sneem Hotel

Sneem Hotel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Sneem
Reviewed 4 July 2014

We recently stayed in an apartment at the Sneem Hotel and found it to be an excellent experience. The two bedroomed, two bathroom apartment was very spacious with a wonderful outlook. It was clean, adequately fitted out and quiet. Breakfast in the hotel was very good and the bar menu was excellent - I had the best steak in years! The Hotel is an easy stroll to what appears to be a vibrant village. The staff were very friendly including the owner.
Brian and Hazel McConnell

Room Tip: Go for rooms facing the water.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,138)

Reviewed 3 July 2014

I stayed here in the apartments which is a pleasant alternative to a hotel stay but still with all the facilities nearby. The hotel is just on the outskirts of town in a beautiful location, especially if the weather is nice! Location is perfect for touring the area from Kenmare to Waterville and beyond (though the roads could do with a serious overhaul). All staff were very friendly and there is a nice atmosphere in the bar and restaurant. The apartment was very comfortable and had everything you'd need. I will definitely return.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank pxil
Reviewed 2 July 2014

The Sneem Hotel was a great break from more "traditional" overnight options throughout Ireland.

The rooms are spacious. The beds are very comfortable. They easily accommodate more than two people (a problem with more traditional accommodations). The bathrooms were modern. Yay! They also have a building for family accommodations.

The deck off of the bar/restaurant is perfect for watching the sun go down. Just bring bug spray for the midges. From the deck, you can take the Ocean Path and walk into the tidy town of Sneem. A gorgeous and easy trail. (You can also easily walk down the main road right to town.)

Breakfast buffet was worth it. But, there are plenty of places in town to grab pastries and coffee if you aren't up for the big meal.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the back of the hotel for great views (but it costs a little more).
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We upgraded our room. It was massive, well furnished with comfortable beds.. Cleaning could have been better. A couple of dead flies and no hoovering the second day. Yet the cleaners seemed to be run off their feet. The views were great both of the inlet and mountains. Breakfast was good. Dinner was even better. The bar food was ok but service was slow. 30 minutes for dessert. .The cocktail menu could improve. When I asked Jack for a particular one I was handed the menu and told those were the only ones they did. Despite a book on the bar titled 501 cocktails but a friendly girl made it for me. The hotel is not very toddler friendly with a steel slope to the water and only rope to stop them going in. Much better for bigger kids. Nice hotel with good food.

Room Tip: River view room
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I'm posting about Sneem Hotel where my sisters and I spent three wonderful nights midweek. This is my fourth trip there but my sisters first time in Sneem Hotel. This hotel is relatively new -opened I think in 2007. It is built in an amazing setting with spectacular views all around. The welcome we received on arrival was so warm and genuine that it set the tone for the few days and we all felt at home there from the start. The restaurant and the bar food is just perfect. We ate twice in the bar and one evening meal in the restaurant. The four of us were well impressed.. The bedrooms are huge! Really really bright, spacious, very clean and beautifully decorated. We got an amazing rate for the three nights and one evening meal, but our trip was worth three time that amount. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a restful, peaceful break.. Great base for walkers and hikers..great base to stay in and travel out along the spectacular peninsula towards Valentia...we will be going back again and again hopefully..

Room Tip: Ask when booking for a room with a view of the lake
1  Thank CorkGer
Reviewed 27 June 2014

We stayed over night here on a short trip around the Kerry Ring. Nice, clean hotel, good breakfast. It's not really within walking distance of town, but the on-site restaurant had good food and service.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Annual_Skier
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Each year I take a group of students to Ireland for a community journalism project. The Sneem Hotel becomes our home for 7-9 days while we work. We then travel throughout the rest of Ireland as tourists.

Inevitably, after we leave Sneem and have been on the road for a few days, my students talk about how much they miss the village and our home base, the Sneem Hotel. The employees at the Sneem Hotel become such an important part of our overall experience. Not only are they helpful, professional, and welcoming in every sense, but they become friends and people we hope to spend time with again on future trips. The hotel's owner, Louis Moriarty, and his manager, Nikola Duggan, have put together an amazing team of people who represent Sneem, County Kerry, and really all of Ireland in the best possible ways.

The location is stunning, and the hotel boasts some of the best food and drink I've had the pleasure to experience in the country. Specifically, ask the hotel's best bartender, Ian, to make you an Irish coffee. It's the best I've had. And when ordering from the menu in the hotel restaurant, try the amazing desserts, which are not only delicious, but also quite artfully presented. I cannot recommend this hotel strongly enough. It is definitely my home away from home.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sneem
Parknasilla Resort & Spa
Royal Valentia Hotel
Royal Valentia Hotel
#1 of 1 in Knightstown
The Europe Hotel & Resort

Been to Sneem Hotel? Share your experiences!