“Complete joke! ”
Review of Sneem Hotel

Sneem Hotel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Sneem
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

Our experience with this hotel was terrible. When we arrived I and looked atound the hotel seemed very nice. We went up to our room, which was very spacious, and when looking around I found a hairclip on the table beside the bed what made me think straight away that the room hadn't been cleaned. But even worse was the toilet the water was dark like someone had peed and hadn't flushed it. My partner and I said we would try and get the most out of the hotel. So, we went down to the spa and this actually made me laugh my head off. To get to the spa you have to go down in a old very noisy elavator and when you get down there it's a total "OMG what the hell is this" first we were speachless then we started laughing and laughing. The so called spa was a filthy place in the basement with chairs pilled up and an old washing machine in a corner. The jacuzzi was a joke. We had bought a romantic break with dinner so we went for dinner in the hotel bar. We were having dinner when suddenly the room is invaded by elderly laughing and screaming with golf clubs in their hand. Totally take over the place, measuring the floor and start playing their game. Needless to say the dinner was everything but romantic or pleasant. When doing the check out the receptionist didn't bother asking if everything was ok with us. Even so, we let her know that he weren't happy with our stay. We paid for what was supposed to be a romantic break in a four star hotel and we didn't get it. She said she would pass the message to her manager and I would be contacted. After almost to weeks I got a phone call from a very abrupt lady, told her everything from the toilet being dirty to the dinner experience and the only thing she got to tell me was I have to investigate and I will ring you back. Have no ideia if the investigation ever took place but I never heard from her until this day. One thing I now, I don't recommended this hotel to anyone.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
10  Thank Ana F
There are newer reviews for Sneem Hotel

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Great hotel, stayed three nights, had a great room with balcony, it was great sitting there, great view and great sunny weather.On the third day my niece had her wedding there, it was great, we all really enjoyed it. Staff were great too. Would like to try their apartments next time.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Carmel277
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Very impressed with sneem hotel went on family deal lovely rooms air con a major plus food was superb great hotel can't wait to come back would recommend it to any one staff very nice keep up the great work

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank 123kenn
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the hotel as part of our Ring of Kerry drive and it was a wonderful choice.

We arrived late afternoon, and the sun came out in time for us to have a pre-dinner drink admiring the view.

We ate in the restaurant that evening and were impressed by the standard of food and also the staff (who took my husbands accidental setting a napkin on fire well).

The location is great, and an easy walking distance to Sneem, a beautiful village with a variety of pubs and restaurants, the live music kept us entertained!

Rooms lovely too.

We were in Ireland for a wedding and had no idea how beautiful this part of the world is, hope we can return soon!

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank rachelrlk
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed here at Sneem apartments with our 10, 6 and 2 yr old boys. The apartment was super, really big size, nice spacious rooms and living space. Towels were changed and rubbish taken away twice in our 7 day stay. Dishwasher, washing machine, microwave, fridge, iron and ironing board, clothes horse.....everything you could need. Only 4 sets of cutlery and plates etc though so had to buy some paper plates for the stay as we've 3 kids. We ate in the resteraunt twice and we found it really nice, lovely friendly staff. Boys made friends and played soccer till 10pm most nights on the green area which had a goalpost. Lots to do during the days as it's nicely located on the Ring of Kerry. Really peaceful place. Will definitely return.

Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank CK1979
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Excellent hotel. Staff were fabulous, my son says "snazzy". We had a great time there brilliant place to stay and village very near so a great holiday. Hardly saw our son all day....
:) :) :) :) Sheehy's

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Cody159
Reviewed 25 July 2014

We booked the superior suite with a balcony. It was huge. The view was amazing and having our own balcony to sit out in the evening to look out over the sea and mountains was great. Plenty of toiletries and bathrobes too. I really didnt want to leave the room to go home. Its the perfect place to drive around the ring of kerry. The only thing i would say is that the bar staff could be a little friendlier but otherwise its an amazing hotel.

Room Tip: upgrade to a superior suite with a balcony. Its well worth the extra!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank donegal30
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sneem
Parknasilla Resort & Spa
The Europe Hotel & Resort
Muckross Park Hotel & Spa
Muckross Park Hotel & Spa
#15 of 39 in Killarney

Been to Sneem Hotel? Share your experiences!