“First class food”

Kerry Coast Inn
Ranked #9 of 21 Restaurants in Cahersiveen
Cuisines: Irish, Bar, European, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene, Kids, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“First class food”
Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

Top class food, rooms are basic but good value, we were a large group of people, so everything on the menu was sampled and everyone was happy

2 Thank Faxpat

“Average compared to the competition”
Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

The rooms are much better than the exterior suggests. so that's good. The breakfast was very average, poor really. Why serve bread that turns to dust when toasted, and scrambled eggs can be cooked in minutes, not days? Acidic orange juice and you have an unappetising start to the day. Coffee? Trade description act could come into play there.

4 Thank Tom G
Burlingame, California
“An unplanned stop, a great experience”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

After a long drive down from Shannon, we decided to stop in Caherciveen and randomly picked the Kerry Coast Inn. We were very pleasantly surprised. They serve a great lunch, a great fish chowder (all their fish is fresh as can be), and the deserts are sublime. It was so good that we went back there the next day. The staff was very friendly and the owner (a young man) was helpful and friendly and full of the Irish charm. We'll be back next year in February and looking forward to it.

• Visited February 2014
3 Thank yankees4
Limerick, Ireland
“Book with Caution”
Reviewed 1 October 2013

I had this hotel booked since February for 2 nights, I made an amended to my booking yesterday (cancelled my second night - kept the first night) and they rang to say today - sorry we never got your booking so we have no room for you! 3 days before I am due to arrive for a family event. This has left me extremely stuck due to a number of reason. When I questioned him, if you didn't get my booking how did you know what night I wanted it for? he said sorry we don't have a room for you we are fully booked. A another family member also rang me to say her booking was cancelled today saying the same thing "never got your booking".

Visited October 2013
2 Thank Morr2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not an ideal place to get a quiet nights rest, customer service lacking, but good location”
Reviewed 25 June 2013

I booked in for 2 nights for a fishing trip, checked in at the bar and as I was shown to my room the night club was mentioned to me, I asked if the noise was an issue and was given a room " far away " from the noise, I went to bed immediately as we had an early start and then the club started below, the light fittings and sink were vibrating loudly to the beat of the loud music below ..... Until nearly 3am, the noise of the crowd continued for another hour after that, I don't normally mind any noise but this was extreme.... I complained to staff in the morning at breakfast but was given a shrug of shoulders , they said that " Frank" would ring me later which never happened , had an issue to raise with management as to the suitability of the bedroom locks on fire doors also, overall bad customer service, I reluctantly paid for the night I stayed and drove home for 3 hours after fishing was finished rather than lose another nights sleep, this was before the Brennan's programme so hopefully things are improved now

• Visited August 2012