“great location and great food”

O'Neill's The Point Seafood Bar
Ranked #2 of 24 Restaurants in Cahersiveen
Cuisines: Irish, Spanish
Good for: View
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 14 May 2014

very busy restaurant and i see why the food is excellent the fish so fresh it is as if it came from the boat and cooked straight away great location near the ferry so view is just fantastic

1  Thank travellerclare

Reviewed 11 May 2014

I visited a customer on Valentia Island. when I was leaving him to catch the ferry back he asked me what sort of food I liked. I have a varied taste and told him so. He said "Seafood?" he asked, "Yum!" I replied. He told me to stop as soon as I drive off the and go in to The Point. I am so pleased he did. Very hospitable people, but more importantly fabulous food. I had the the Hot & Cold fish platter. Excellent portion, fish all very fresh and very well presented. Only one problem, I was very nearly embarrassed by them not accepting credit/debit cards. Come on guys, it's 2014, it was a pure fluke that i could pull enough cash together.

3  Thank asthecrowflys
Reviewed 6 May 2014

We were told that all fish and seafood they serve at The Point was fresh and local - but that does not even start to describe how delicious the crabs, smoked salmon and monkfish we had were. An amazing dinner, and good wine too.

2  Thank peter p
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Been here several times. Travel from Cork. Bridie and the team are the best. Food is best in the area. Better than QC's. Try and get the table just inside door overlooking the ferry. Worth waiting for.

2  Thank Roadrunner7631
Reviewed 22 April 2014

visit if you are in the area bring cash all dishes were excellent will be making a return visit Bridie is a fabulous host squid the best I had in some time We loved the Hot and Cold plate just about everything from the area O if you have a sweet tooth or crave an afters you might be disappointed But the mains more than make up for it and yes I would think there will be a wait but you are kept informed I would not think you could book..... just arrive enjoy the view and eat

1  Thank littlelamb2011