“Great coffee”

Helen's Coffee House
Cuisines: Irish
Reviewed 6 June 2014

We were a group of 5. 2 Ethiopians 2 Austrians and 1 Irish.The Ethiopians who are involved growing coffee were allowed to smell the different coffees and sample,free of charge, until they found one they preferred .We also had scones and sandwiches. Excellent. A small local coffee house used by the locals.Great friendly proprietress .

Reviewed 9 December 2013 via mobile

My friend and I enjoyed a very tasty cup of vegetable soup with brown soda bread and then decided to have a fruit scone as everyone else seemed to have them. It was fantastic and I highly recommend you give them a try! The owners are very nice and looked after us. Thanks!

Reviewed 22 November 2013 via mobile

Short visit for a coffee & scone. Scone excellent, coffee good. Decor slightly dated. Hostess very friendly and the crockery is superb. Recommended.

Reviewed 20 November 2013

Helens coffee house was not only quaint but delicious! we came in November and it was chilly, so we stopped in for some soup. it not only warmed us but it warmed our soul! It's a tiny shop with local feel. Helen is a great woman with a passion and interest in her guests and even sat down with a few people just to ask about how there day was going. I would EXTREMELY recommend this place and it will be a consistent stop on our further trips to Ireland!

Reviewed 26 September 2013

Every year when I spend my holidays in Ireland I have to visit Helen`s Coffee House in Cahersiveen. She has so great cakes and scones, one of the best hot chocolate with little marshmallows (my kids like it so much) in the hole area of Ballinskelligs. One year, as we stayed 2 weeks in Cahersiveen we had every day a stay in her House, but she hasn`t got a choclate cake and we asked every day and then on our last day she said that she has made a cake only for us - how great.

The Helen`s Coffe House is a little restaurant in the middle of Cahersiveen settled in the Main Street. The service is excelent and friendly. The food is awesome and all drinks are tasty. You need a sandwich or a vegetable soup with the best bread ever? If you are ever here in this area you must visit Helen. In my opinion this Coffee House must announce in every touristic information.

I say it again : This is a "MUST DO" place, make a STOPP at Helen`s